Trip over Colorado's Pearl Pass

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

We made a day out of driving to Aspen, over Pearl Pass and into Crested Butte. The weather was perfect for the most part, but the top of the pass at 12,700 feet was cold and windy! The trail was a lot of fun, challenging enough that you had to pick good lines and I even had to engage both lockers on some wet rocks at the start. There was a good deal of water running off the mountain making for plenty of chances to get the Jeep wet, it even rained a little on the way down as well.

What was really funny was that on the way down on the Crested Butte side we ran into a guy in a Red Toyota pickup, named Josh.... we actually met him on Black Bear pass last year (where it was incredibly cold and windy) and he remembered us! Too funny! :rofl:

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Cool report.
Much wildlife?

Nothing worth mentioning, I was hoping we'd see something! A couple whistle pigs and plenty of bow hunters, so the animals were all in their favorite hiding spots.

Wonder if the MC noticed he was being stalked

I think he did, there were 2 of them but I only show the one. The guy I filmed looked at me, I was flying/filming from above the road... at one point he looked up at the Phantom, but you don't see that in the video.