My real passion

S-10Dave

So i just posted about getting started with off road driving, and im doing it because ive been doing Camaros so long. I'm 40, and the Camaros are in my blood, they're more addiction than passion at this point, but i was w as nting to try a baja Camaro before I found Roadkill and Dirt Every Day.
I have a running, hardtop, 94 Camaro V6 auto, and a hardtop 86 Camaro that just donated its 305 to my 87 s10, which is now running.
I have a 2wd sm465 that needs to go in my s10, so that 700r4 can go back in my 86 Camaro.
I have a 4.8L LSx V8 that is legal to swap into my 94 Camaro, so it gets my 4L80E.
And come January 1, my Vortec 454 will be legal in my 86.

So, the 94 will get a turbo, a set of 17x11s, a set of 315/35s, and a set of Brembos. A supercar killer for well under $5k.
My 86 was going to get a set of 18x10.5s on 295/35s, but now I'm thinking 235/70s on 15x7s.
And my 87 has an Explorer axle swap I did myself, turned out great, and that 305 has 9.5:1 with flattops, a Hooker 2.25" true dual exhaust with cats, a Lunati 214/224-112 442/465 cam, and a Performer EGR intake.
I have a 3.27:1 gear in it right now, because it's wearing a set of 245/50R16s off the 94. I have a set of 2.73s for that 8.8 to go with the SM465 and the pair of 245/75R16s.
I think that V8 Grand Cherokees offered 2.73 in their low-pinion D30s? Anyway, these are my toys and parts and plans.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
We all think fast cars are cool:cool:. I doubt anyone is not interested in your passion. I think we are just a little confused because we aren't used to people looking for gears like 2.73. Maybe that is the norm in the fast cars that you build. Numerically higher gears are what most off-roaders are looking for.

In your other thread you talked about building the 8.5 to be as strong as a dana 44 using 2.73 gears. While 2.73 gears might be stronger than 3.73 gears most of us would trade the marginal strength difference to have a lower overall crawl ratio.

We like to see new people on the forum and we welcome you.

D

Deleted member 12904

I have a shirt attention span. Pictures help keep me interested

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I like to think of it as "our" forum, including you. Although, technically it doesn't belong to anyone that's posted on your thread yet.

There's a few Camaro guys on here so there might be interest. You just haven't really said anything yet worth comenting on and you asked one question that was already answered. What else is there to say?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
And come January 1, my Vortec 454 will be legal in my 86.

I was waiting to hear more about this. Any build info on this engine? Have you started the swap yet?

I just dropped a Vortec 454 into my Grand Prix (as you may know), which is why I am curious.
AirCleaner_zpsaoc6jrmu.jpg