1986 volvo semi truck/crawler hauler

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Time for me to upgrade to a newer truck so this one needs to go

it has a 6v92 Detroit 2 stroke motor, Eaton 9 speed trans

flat bed is about 9' with a 5' dovetail. The Scout is 134" wheelbase for reference

The steer tires are new this year. Drives have most their tread but have some weathering on them. Aluminum wheels

It has a air ride cab. There is dual 150 gallon tanks. The truck gets 8 mpg empty or loaded.

Truck runs good. But it is 30 years old. There is plenty of things that could be addressed but the truck is very usable as is

The truck qualifies for Vintage plates here in Utah. I registered it for 36k lbs and it cost 107 bucks. No inspection or emission required. It passed emissions test and DOT inspection last year.

I wouldn't hesitate to fuel it up and drive it anywhere. It has been a very reliable truck. Just got back from a trip to Mountain Home Idaho.

It maxes out at 67 mph

asking 5000 OBO

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Great setup, especially for the price! The 9 speed is pretty easy to drive, isn't it?

About as basic as you can get with a big truck. Super easy to drive, if you know how to shift without a clutch that is.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
About as basic as you can get with a big truck. Super easy to drive, if you know how to shift without a clutch that is.

Just trying to help someone that may be intimidated by the transmission. I've spent years driving railroad medium-duty trucks with 9 speeds. :D And I agree, SUPER easy to drive!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
New truck is home. I need to get some pics

Its a 99 volvo vn610. 60 series detroit. 430 hp. 10 speed

I have started stripping it in prep to build a flatbed but thats about it