Jeeper's F350 'Bagheera'

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
After a long debate, I decided to purchase a different truck. My cousin is the buyer for a major dealer in the valley, so he placed a bid at auction for me. I ended up with a 2013 F350. The truck is all black, so my kids named it 'Bagheera'.

IMG_7851.jpg

The truck is the xlt package. It has some fun features like power telescoping mirrors, and lots of digital display stuff on the dash. It has the 6.2L gas engine. It's 4x4, and has an electronic rear locker. It has features like down hill assist and hill start assist.
In the very near future it will have a flat bed installed.
The distant future will include larger wheels and tires, but the current tires are brand new, so I will need to wear them out first.
Hoping to keep this truck for a very long time. Double hoping that it will be as reliable as the Internet says they are.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I'm interested to see how it tows. I STRONGLY considered one but have a 25 mile commute and didn't thin I'd be sniffing 15 mpg with the gas truck. Curious to see how it works for you

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'm interested to see how it tows. I STRONGLY considered one but have a 25 mile commute and didn't thin I'd be sniffing 15 mpg with the gas truck. Curious to see how it works for you
I have been averaging around 12.5 with the 6.2 in the Raptor. I like the motor......it runs strong and smooth behind the 6 speed tranny.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I've been able to put some good miles down in this truck now. Each mile has brought additional smiles. I am very happy. I keep finding new features like auto roll down windows from the key fob, or multiple trailer memory computer stuff.. all not needed, but are fun. I have almost exclusively been towing in town and got just shy of 9mpg. I imagine a little freeway time and not towing would help that a lot. Most of the loads have been under 5k lbs so far, except when I towed a mini-x which was about 7-9k with trailer. I have been very pleased with the towing ability. Only once did I find the truck lacking while going up hill.. but then also realized I was only 1/4 throttle.. I gave 1/2 throttle and away I went.. and then for fun did WOT, and had more than enough. The ride quality is very nice. I do not intend to do any lift, as I am enjoying the smooth ride. I have bought some stock 20" wheels to put on it some day, and will go to the larger 275/65/20 tires, which were a larger stock option. I have been totally thrilled with the gas engine. I left fairly early the other morning, and didn't wake up a single neighbor as I left.

Here is my poser shot, as if I really work..
IMG_7899.jpg

Last edited:

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have spent the last few evenings getting the bed swapped over. Luckily for me, the frames are the same from my last truck, so all my previously made mounts and such lined up fine.

IMG_7925.JPG
IMG_7942.JPG

I even got the Back up camera installed on the flatbed.

One large disappointment is that the front spring mounts are a little different on this truck, so the under mount tool boxes I bought will not fit :(
I will have to find some that are not as deep.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Every time you post a picture of that flatbed it puts bad thoughts in my head. On the upside my wife would never drive my truck if it had a flatbed. She also might not ride in it which would be a bummer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Dirtbike hauling machine now

This.

Every time you post a picture of that flatbed it puts bad thoughts in my head. On the upside my wife would never drive my truck if it had a flatbed. She also might not ride in it which would be a bummer.

See above :)
I know they don't look as nice, but hauling 6-8 bikes is sweet. Drive in movies are awesomer. Using it in real working conditions is also awesome, it's like a giant work bench.
Once you've had flat, you don't go back

rholbrook

Last weekend in St George, Harrison sees this flatbed truck and he says to me, "That thing is actually good looking." I told him I was going to tell Brian you said that and he said not to

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
We took a quick trip to the swell this weekend. We had 3 bikes plus all riding and sleeping gear for 3 people. The bed held it all very well. We could have squished another bike and riders gear on there if desired. The truck ran great, pulled 80-90 the whole time without issue. Averaged about 10mpg.
IMG_0019.jpg

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Looks good. 10 mpg. Gagging

How big is the gas tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it will do much better if I am not driving that fast. When we slowed down due to traffic, my average would go up to about 16-17

I think the tank is in the 36gal range. Not sure though.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I think it will do much better if I am not driving that fast. When we slowed down due to traffic, my average would go up to about 16-17

I think the tank is in the 36gal range. Not sure though.

I don't think it's horrible. It fits your needs.

Atleast it runs. I would have stayed with Ford. But I wasn't sure about the new diesel. It seems like they are having lots of issues as well.

It just feels good to know you have a reliable truck. And it won't break down in the middle of no where and leave you stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk