AAA spring - SLC

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
has anyone had any custom spring packs made by them before? I'm looking for a replacement set for my MJ, and as much as I'd love Deavers, the $900+ pricetag is leading me elsewhere. plus, its always good to support local business.

SpeedyVic

I have not purchased any springs from them, but have had them re-temper some old springs on my dad's Chrysler Newport. Also have gotten some custom u-bolts from them. I was happy with the service on both instances. They seem to know what they are doing.

Brad J

They rebuilt my Scout's rear spring pack with a new Main Leaf & did a great job. It seemed to be only a couple hundred dollars but it was a long time ago.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've had mixed results in multiple interactions with them. Stock stuff they are great. Making XJ spring packs for my Jeep, not good at all. For your MJ, would you be able to adapt your rig to a more common spring pack? Say XJ? I'd look there before having some one off, custom packs made

Last edited:

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
I've had mixed results in multiple interactions with them. Stock stuff they are great. Making XJ spring packs for my Jeep, not good at all. For your MJ, would you be able to adapt your rig to a more common spring pack? Say XJ? I'd look there before having some one off, custom packs made

I know XJ springs are about 5" difference; something else might be close enough though.

MJ is underspring in the rear, right ?

in stock form, yes. im running my stock leaves SOA now though.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Could do some sort of bastard pack.
XJ's use S10 or Dakota leaves in between stock leafs.

Is that 5" , shorter/longer center eye to eye ???

Im sure you can find something.
$900 for stock leafpack seems steep. You could get a lift for that.

Sent from my Z740 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trate D

I had best deal spring in Payson do my military wrap on mine. They have been a very nice upgrade. If I was to do it again I would have them narrow the spring around the wrap though. Mine get into the shackle and front spring mount when flexing. Other than that I have no complaints. (They asked if I had clearance around those areas... I thought I did :rofl:)

carsonc1974

Custom springs are going to be pretty expensive as well. I would guess they will be right up there with dealers price wise.

I've had mixed results with AAA spring. They are fine with stock stuff but the custom things seem to get lost in translation.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
What's the price difference between AAA and Alcan? Seems if you spend just a little more, you'll be getting a much better product.