Hit bump, now have an electrical problem - 97 Wrangler. Any thoughts?

Boludo

So It hit a couple of dips, but not too hard, and now everything that is connected to my battery doesn't work...for example, after market HID headlights, ARB compressor, KC spot lights, Amp, the stereo comes on but now only plays out the front driver speaker, even my winch that only connects to the pos and neg of the battery doesn't work. But the Jeeps starts fine, runs fine and all other stock electrical seems fine such as tail lights, dome light etc.

Any ideas? Please?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I would guess a bad/loose ground cable for the battery. I had similar problems with a 97 TJ after hitting some whoops out at 5 mile. He battery moved and pulled on a weak ground cable.

Boludo

I would guess a bad/loose ground cable for the battery. I had similar problems with a 97 TJ after hitting some whoops out at 5 mile. He battery moved and pulled on a weak ground cable.

It turned out to be a similar issue. It was the positive battery cable. The battery must have moved and that was the last straw for a nearly 20 year old cable. I'm just glad it happened near home and not in the middle of Pritchett Canyon or somewhere like that.