Cargo Trailer to Camper Conversion

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
I have been Working on this for a while but thought I would trow up some pics. I have been meaning to do this and had most of the stuff sitting in a storage unit for a couple years now and thought it was time to get it done. I bought a trailer back from the insurance that was damaged in a fire but the inside was fine.

The Idea was to have a regular kitchen while camping with the family, in addition have a bathroom of sorts rather than a tent with a porta-potty in it and to serve as a base camp while hunting. The back storage has all of our bedding and two 3 man Springbar tents in it, one side of the shelving pulls out after the tents are setup and becomes the bathroom

The Trailer is a 6x12 Haulmark single axle v nose, It has an RV Fridge and freezer, Stove and oven, 6 Gallon hot water heater, 20 Gallon water tank, Lp leak detector, solar and a 2000 watt pure sine inverter in it. I plan on adding 2 more panels on it next year and swapping the to a MPPT controller but for now it works fine. Basically i have everything a regular trailer has in it.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
Cool beans. I've wondered about doing this with a smaller trailer, maybe a 5x10. I've got the broad strokes, but I want to see lots of details on how you finish it and make it livable.

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
IMG_8964.JPG
IMG_8965.JPG
IMG_8966.JPG
Cabinet door open to support a sleeping platform and also an added folding corner support. Just waiting for the wife to make the cushions.
IMG_8967.JPG
I still have work to do on It but this is pretty much it until next spring, I need to concentrate on getting my buggy done before Easter.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Very nice.
I've thought about doing something like this if we upgrade from the teardrop.

Sent from my Z740 using Tapatalk