New guy in West Jordan UT

balfred

I accidentally posted my first intro in the chit chat section and have deleted that thread now, sorry for the mistake.

My friendly mechanic at Orion Offroad told me about this forum and I thought I would check it out, seems great so far. I'm Bryce, a software developer, and I just bought back my first Jeep that I drove through college before it was my dad's for the last 10 years.

When I bought it it was on bald 32s and a 2.5 inch skyjacker lift that was put on when I was in high school 14 years ago. I started the summer by stripping off some purple pinstriping it had, adding front and rear bumpers, a winch, and 33 inch MTRs.

6e89c6b5659ef8781c3c0e7bbe1b6de1.jpg

Now it's at Orion Offroad getting 4.88s, an artec trussed Ford 8.8, and a new 4 inch lift. Should be pretty fun when it's done. It's been so gutless so the 4.88s will be sooo nice! Nice to have the strength of the 8.8 also and disc brakes too! I look forward to learning more from the forum and enjoying all the cool content and hopefully learn of some good trails that I can do this winter.

If anyone is in a need of some website or software engineering help just give me a holler and I'll see what I can do.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

balfred

Moab is always a favorite. I just went up forest lake up American fork Canyon which was pretty fun

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'm also right up the street from this ^ character. Once you get your Jeep back from the shop we can show you the neighborhood "dirt therapy" area.

balfred

I'm also right up the street from this ^ character. Once you get your Jeep back from the shop we can show you the neighborhood "dirt therapy" area.
Awesome! It's cool to see so many people close by or that I know somehow! I'm definitely up for that but my little Jeep is tiny so I'm not sure I can make it the places y'all go. It's just going to have a 4 inch lift and 33s.

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
Awesome! It's cool to see so many people close by or that I know somehow! I'm definitely up for that but my little Jeep is tiny so I'm not sure I can make it the places y'all go. It's just going to have a 4 inch lift and 33s.

you'll be surprised where it'll take you. We took our old TJ on 32s all over the place.

I think another guy on our street is on here as well. Like 2 blocks west of you, with a 4door jk on 40s.

- - - Updated - - -

He should have it back next week. . .waiting on parts :(

At least it's in good hands

balfred

Yeah I will be excited to play with it after its done at Orion! I'm game for going four wheeling as long as you guys don't feel like I'm holding you back from the fun stuff haha.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
The neighborhood wheeling spot is just a field with a few hills and stuff. It's not much but it's nice for the occasional break from pavement

balfred

That's better than nothing. I will have to head out there with you guys when you go. I'm hoping to get my Jeep back early this week. Robb at Orion has been working on it like mad trying to finish it. I feel bad for the guy but I admire his dedication to satisfying customers.