Does the Skyline Trail in Bountiful close down for winter?

balfred

I wanted to go for a leisurely drive next weekend up the skyline trail in Bountiful to Farmington after I break in my new gears and I was wondering if it closes down for winter or if it's open year around? If so, does anyone know if it's still open?

Thanks!

Bryce

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
American Fork Canyon is still open, went up and ran Forest Lake today, but the weather is supposed to change the middle of this coming week and could close it.

balfred

American Fork Canyon is still open, went up and ran Forest Lake today, but the weather is supposed to change the middle of this coming week and could close it.
Yeah I actually drove up American fork Canyon today but didn't go on forest lake unfortunately. My gears are still in the break in process so I can't do any wheeling yet. I think they probably will close it this week but maybe I will get lucky and it will hold out till I'm broken in!

balfred

I was told 500 miles so that I follow Yukons instructions for breaking in. I realize that might seem excessive but I'm paranoid and generally speaking have bad luck so I'm trying real hard to follow the rules so I don't cause any damage

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Slow wheeling won't hurt anything. The purpose of breaking in gears is to remove the phosphorus coating on the gears. This generates high heat. That high heat can then wipe out bearings. No problems though going slow.