NP208 Replacement Options

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
What options are out there to replace an NP208? I don't want the slip-yoke built into the transfercase like I currently have.

Don't give me to much crap, I've never played with chevy stuff before, only toyota and land rover.

It needs to bolt up to a 700R4.

If both outputs could be on the passenger-side, that would be the best option. This is going to go in my Range Rover Classic, behind the diesel and 700R4.

Thanks

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have a passenger drop Dodge 241 case with a swapped in 27 spline input from a Chev 241 I'd like to get rid of. It was bolted to a 700r4 with a stock GM adapter. We did the swapping of the input as the Dodge has a fixed yoke rear driveline. Owner took the 241 out and swapped to a Dana 300 for twin stick.

I don't know jack about Rover stuff but I'm assuming you have an offset rear diff? I don't know of a case that isn't centered on the rear output. I think you'd be fine to run a centered rear output as long as your driveline angles are good to go?

Last edited:

AaronPaige

I also have a 241 w/sye I pulled from my blazer still hooked to a 700 r and a 205 as well with the adapter for 700 if your interested in something heavy

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
My rear diff is offset to the passenger-side. I don't know if it'll be a problem. I think as long as I have a fixed yoke and a CV at the top, I'd be okay.

Its either that or spend $1000 to get the adapter kit for a 700R4 to the Land Rover LT230 case. The land rover case has a 1.4:1 high range and a 3.62:1 low-range with permanent 4 wheel drive.

Oh, yeah, and the parking brake is connected to the rear out-put on the t-case on a land rover. so i might be screwed.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My rear diff is offset to the passenger-side. I don't know if it'll be a problem. I think as long as I have a fixed yoke and a CV at the top, I'd be okay.

I think you'll be OK as long as the CV is still within spec.

Its either that or spend $1000 to get the adapter kit for a 700R4 to the Land Rover LT230 case. The land rover case has a 1.4:1 high range and a 3.62:1 low-range with permanent 4 wheel drive.

Oh, yeah, and the parking brake is connected to the rear out-put on the t-case on a land rover. so i might be screwed.

Parking brake could be a little interesting. There's been some driveline parking brake tech around. I don't remember anything on RME but know there were some threads on PBB about it.

Come over and take a look at this 241. It's definitely a low cost option and you'd just need to figure out your parking brake. It's exactly what you asked for. Fixed yoke upgrade to a 208 with passenger drop.