Non Normal Moab Trails...?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ok, so we have a small group of rigs headed down for thanksgiving and looking for trails that are non normal...

We can run pretty much anything (mild to wild) but I am looking for off beat, kind of forgotten trails like the pickle. It doesn't necessary need to the "hard core" but wouldn't mind shifting in to 4wd... :D

Let discuss...

comingdown

How about you name the trails your in regularly and we can possibly try to fill undone blanks you are missing

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, fat fingered the crap outta that.

- - - Updated - - -

Trails you run regularly......

Fill in the blanks......

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
It seems like we usually run in Pritchett, out behind the rocks, hells revenge, Moab rim, metal masher, rusty nail, BFE.

So if there are some hidden gems I have forgot about I want to find those again.

I like hickey's suggestion of onion creek/rose garden hill. I have been on that trail since 1999-2000 ish in a cj5.

I still ill need to look up bartletts wash. :)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
... I like hickey's suggestion of onion creek/rose garden hill. I have been on that trail since 1999-2000 ish in a cj5.

Combine that with Top of the World and you'd have something epic! You could do Top of the World first, then go down Rose Garden and down Onion Creek. Should be a full day of neat, scenic and still somewhat challenging trails.

Pile of parts

We did steel bender for the first time in about 15 years (we were also in a CJ 5 on 32's then) Not really a challenge for you now but beautiful scenery. Run it in reverse direction for more of a challenge. Metal Masher also has some fun obstacles.

Bart

I like 7 Mile Rim when I want a scenic, easy ride, and WipeOut Hill gives you a little adrenaline rush at the end.

comingdown

Flat iron Mesa is fun. Metal masher has some spots that will challenge you if you wish. We did onion creek and up rose garden hill for a little more sport. The guide to Moab book is actually really helpful and full of ideas.

Coco

I second Flat Iron Mesa. Thats a pretty fun one. Steelbender, and Kane Creek also came to mind.

Area BFE has some good stuff in it as well. Coyote Canyon if you can get the permit to run it.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I second Flat Iron Mesa. Thats a pretty fun one. Steelbender, and Kane Creek also came to mind.

Area BFE has some good stuff in it as well. Coyote Canyon if you can get the permit to run it.

I think Kane Creek is now on the "list"

We need to get a group together and go play on Coyote. I have been dying to get on that one, I just need to pick a weekend, get the permits, and go!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Flat iron Mesa is fun. Metal masher has some spots that will challenge you if you wish. We did onion creek and up rose garden hill for a little more sport. The guide to Moab book is actually really helpful and full of ideas.

I think my wife's first run on Jeep safari was Flat Iron back in 2003, perfect suggestion, I have kind of forgot about that one...

I could probably drop the trailer on hole in the rock... or run it backwards and cut back...

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
We did steel bender for the first time in about 15 years (we were also in a CJ 5 on 32's then) Not really a challenge for you now but beautiful scenery. Run it in reverse direction for more of a challenge. Metal Masher also has some fun obstacles.

We need to go find a trail for the old guys again. I was just thinking about the time 12+ years ago when we ran constrictor...

Can anyone lead the way on Sidewinder? Old CJ guys need to stick together... :)

pkrfctr

BDS and I ran where eagles fly last year and loved it. Thats where we went winch rappelling. Might be too long with the kiddos as you access thru poison spyder or gold bar but its awesome.
pickle would be fun to run again too.
I also want to do some more in Canyonlands one of these trips.
I think you should cancel the trip and wait for my jeep to be done!!!!

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I certainly agree with Flat Iron Mesa and Top of the World, ran them on our last trip and they were 2 of the least crowded but more scenic trails we have ran down there. Metal Masher is a "normal" trail but still has great overlooks and some nice lunch spots.

Last edited: