who sells these locally

poorboyzdreamz

poorboyzdreamz
90% sure 4 Wheel Parts in Slc stocks them.

Sorry man but you should have said 10% chance they have one. I worked there for almost 10 years and the #1 comment I heard was "Well then what do you stock?". I would say 6 states, State Trailer supply, Advanced 4 wheel, Lowrange.

BTW - Didnt mean to troll just made me laugh.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
Sorry man but you should have said 10% chance they have one. I worked there for almost 10 years and the #1 comment I heard was "Well then what do you stock?". I would say 6 states, State Trailer supply, Advanced 4 wheel, Lowrange.

BTW - Didnt mean to troll just made me laugh.

Ha I've always found 4wp to be pretty good about having stuff like this in stock ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just a little tip..... these are actually a factory rear diff breather for Arctic cat and Suzuki four wheelers. We used them all the time at On Track 4x4, back in the day.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Just a little tip..... these are actually a factory rear diff breather for Arctic cat and Suzuki four wheelers. We used them all the time at On Track 4x4, back in the day.

On Track???

That sounds familiar. Isn't that Dean's Company, Cedar City? Dean is good man. Tons of respect for him.

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
From what i have seen with these is they don't expand enough to release all the pressure on the seals. We checked my buddies Toyota diff fluid level on his rear axle that sports these "Breathers" and when he took the fill Plug out it literary shot it out of his hand. The diff wasn't overheated, just warm diff oil from some Ditch wheelin. If it builds enough pressure to shoot the plug out then im sure its pushing oil past the seal.

I have read that some people poke a pin sized hole in the end to alleviate the problem, but that kind of defeats the purpose of these trick breathers. $.02

Ashcat

Yeah I'm not so sure I made a good decision buying them for my axles. I read the stories and saw them in person but when I received them, I was disappointed how hard they are. Mine are from PSC. I expected them to be very soft and stretchy to function as intended. Most likely I will not use them. Especially since I just invested in new seals. Running a long piece of hose sounds like a better idea than replacing seals again when I could be out having fun.

Coco

When I put them on my axles, I read on Pirate that the F-Toy guys were cutting 1" size slits in between one of the bellows. I did this to mine when I put them on, but after one season, my front inner seals were blown. I rebuilt the axle, and actually cut another 1" size slit on the opposite side of the first cut on both front and rear. I am not sure if this fixed the issue or not, as I haven't back into my front axle. I haven't ever had an issue with the rear, except one time coming out of HTT on that long backroad. The diff got warm, and pushed oil past the rear seals. I thought they were blown, so I went and picked up two more seals. But they never leaked again after. On the rebuild, I think I am going to run a long hose and filter. As much as I like the idea of them, unless I find a better way to get them to breathe, its not worth blowing the seals. On a side note, the buggy was upside down for probably 20 minutes at one of the comps last year, and I never had any oil sneak out of the cuts.