New-ish from West Valley - Hummer H3

JPaul

Hi all. New-ish to the forum (been on in the past reading but haven't posted yet), thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm located over in West Valley (the western part of West Valley), and my current vehicle is a 2008 Hummer H3 that I picked up last year. I've only taken it offroad a few times, first was down near Vernon Reservoir (was still bone stock back then), then some dirt roads here and there, and then this last spring I took it down to Moab with a group of other Hummer owners and ran a few of the trails there. Gold Bar Rim was one (went from rain to mud to snow and back again), and another was Poison Spider (The Safari route according to the maps). The H3 was decked out by then.

Here it is when it was stock, up near the top of what turned into a narrow ATV trail near Vernon Reservoir:

qaPcWGJ.jpg

And here it was at the end of Gold Bar:

TrXU4GC.jpg

And someone getting me momentarily stuck coming back down Spider after we had to turn around, I just had to get a different line (gratuitous tire in the air shot):

Zq0nyCS.jpg

I'm looking to find some trails to run locally that are a day trip, I can't always take a full weekend or longer for longer trips, but I really want to start taking her out more often. All I have done this year is Moab for real offroading, I need to do more runs to justify the money and time I've put into building it up. And to just have fun. Driving her over to Millcreek and back for work every day is a little boring.

JPaul

Thanks all! Here's a link to my build thread over on the Hummer forum I spend time on: http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?10026-JPaul-s-H3-Base-build

I haven't done a lot more with it since that last post, aside from getting the engine replaced this past summer (lost a rod bearing halfway down to St George, thankfully I had bought the extended warranty and they covered the replacement!), adding an oil pressure gauge (Max Tow), and some stickers. I still need to finish hooking up the dimming wire for the oil pressure gauge, build an overhead console for storage and a place for my radios, build a storage drawer setup for it, and some other projects I want to do. I finished putting together an AR-15 right before the election, so I haven't had extra funds for a bit.