Winter 4x4 Jamboree 1/19-1/21

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ok we are about a month away and the thought is making me smile.

Who else is coming down to St. George? :)

I am working with our usual crew to lead (I like to tailgun) John's Trail on Thursday and Plan B at 8am on Saturday. Still working on what trails to run on Friday.

Would love to catch up with old friends if you are going down. :)

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
Me and my wife will be there in the new buggy. Doing Chain Reaction, Dutchman and Nasty Half I believe. Not sure what days.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Thanks!!! This will be the first real test for it. Out running down the snow covered roads is fun, but I really want to see what it can do on the rocks.

I will down there with our crew so if there is something you guys need, please don't hesitate to ask? :) (first time out runs can be a little crazy.)

hardline90

Real rigs are built!
I will down there with our crew so if there is something you guys need, please don't hesitate to ask? :) (first time out runs can be a little crazy.)

I really appreciate that!! All the flexing the garage and running up and down snow covered roads can only tell you a few things. It's not until you get out and really run through the paces, do you know if you built it right. Thanks again!!

Xiled1

With the rain and cold temps predicted for the event, it seems like there would be a good chance for snow at higher elevations. Anyone know of areas to go snow wheeling in somewhat close proximity to Hurricane? Is there good snow in the area of has it been all rain this year? I know Cedar Mtn gets good snow, but its closed this time of year. It would be a very cool addition to the event if they could get a snow wheeling trip added.

desert dog

Me and my wife will be there in the new buggy. Doing Chain Reaction, Dutchman and Nasty Half I believe. Not sure what days.

You will like the Dutchman trail leader, Sladen. He is a friend of mine. Be mindful that the Dutchman is a long drive from Sand Hollow and is at a higher elevation that snows a lot more than the Hurricane area. It really isn't a trail at all, but a wash through a steep-walled canyon that runs through the mountains. I love the crazy V-notch at the end (I was the only one in my group to make it), but you can bypass it. More like Johnson Valley than Sand Hollow, with no sandstone (slickrock) and big granite obstacles to play on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXC1ys_HVls

I will be on Chain Reaction on Thursday. Hope to see you there!