Questions about my axle

shortstraw8

So went to help my brother in law move in to their new place and found a little trailer with what looks like a dana 60, he said the guy used to use it for moving his truck bed camper around as well as all the tree limbs he cut. He was an old guy and did not use his camper shell anymore and told my brother in law he would just leave it for him for all the yard work (3+ acres). Long story short I got the axle, got home looked around the interwebs for info, I think the old man ground the BOM off cause I can't find it. But there are other numbers, and I am just not find much Identifying info for rear axles. So hoping someone knows, what this may be off of.

View attachment DSC_0001.jpg Pumpkin overview, to me looks like Dana60
View attachment DSC_0002.jpg C-30255 Model #?
View attachment DSC_0003.jpg 411 guessing gear ratio tag
View attachment DSC_0004.jpg Pinion down overview
View attachment DSC_0005.jpg 12 Not sure what this would be for
View attachment DSC_0006.jpg 31-72 No Idea on this either
View attachment DSC_0007.jpg Top down of diff.
View attachment DSC_0009.jpg
View attachment DSC_0010.jpg MW6x XZ987

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
it's a rear low pinion full float dana 60. The tag on the cover indicates it's 4.10 gears.
Probably 30 spline.

Could be Ford, Chevy or Dodge. Doesn't really matter what it was under originally.
It's only worth something if the spindles are big bearing and can fit 35 spline shafts or be bored out to fit.

Caleb

Pull a shaft and see how big the ID of the spindle is. As Gravy said, that will tell you if it's worth anything as it sits.

tv_larsen

Looks like it could be from of a Dodge. Dodge put the lower shock mount on the u-bolt plate, so it's not on the axle. I'm pretty sure Chevy and Ford welded shock mounts to the axle tube.

Dodge axle example:
129_0904_06_z%2B1977_dodge_ramcharger%2Bdana_60_axle.jpg

Last edited: