Truck inspection...........again

chicken77

throttle jockey
So what do you guys think it will take to get my truck to pass safety inspection?
1993 Toyota truck with walk through cab and rear seat with seat belts, full roll cage, full width dana 60 front, ff 14 bolt rear, worn out 4" trail gear lift, 40" Goodyear tires on H2 rims, trucker mud flaps.
All of the lights and horn work, also the wipers work too.
Cottonwood-20130228-00147.jpgCottonwood-20130228-00149.jpg
I really don't want to go the street legal buggy route but I'm afraid it may come to that.

Kevin B.

Big hippy
You'll need flares to cover the width of the tread. Frame height might be a problem. Got a working window defroster? Windshield squirters?

Maybe you just need A Guy.

chicken77

throttle jockey
Everything works on the truck, I may risk it and see what happens...... I had a guy for many years but he has moved on

SWALLDOG

Tell me more. My last inspection failed for tire coverage and I had to address it. It was over a year ago though.
Yes I would like to know more as well. I know they changed it but in the new manual page 14 it has fenders not covering tires under advise and reject.

44385aec039260d82bacaa0a7b4db2df.jpg

Probably at work under a truck

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
It's an advise on the inspection, but still a possible ticket with the UHP because it's illegal per the lift law. Took effect 1/1 I believe.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Are the flaps directly in line with the tires ?
Cant tell from the pic.
Id at least put some flares over the rear tires.
License plate light - must
Maybe bring the flaps a bit lower. (Bottom of rim)
Front plate.

Other than that I think your good to go.

I went to a guy by my work that had a huge jeep. Turns out he was a bigger dick than the rest of them. Failed me twice on my YJ on 30x9's and no lift. My 15x7 wheels had 3.75 backspacing.[emoji53]

Now I keep my tires tucked under to avoid any excuses from state or LEO.
Maybe an antique plate could work but limited on milage.
Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I'm on my phone and can't really search. Look for a thread about the new cracked windshield law, it was wrapped up in that bill. If your flaps don't line up, take them off. No longer required for inspection either

Front plate, license light, and windshield washers is what they'll be nailing you on.

Last edited:

Jesser04

I'm on my phone and can't really search. Look for a thread about the new cracked windshield law, it was wrapped up in that bill. If your flaps don't line up, take them off. No longer required for inspection either

Front plate, license light, and windshield washers is what they'll be nailing you on.
The front plate is an advise

chicken77

throttle jockey
I have a front plate, and I will need to put a plate light on. Thank you for all of the responses!

chevymog

The Reaper
I believe that if the flare covers the tread it passes but if the tire sidewall extends out past the flare its an advise

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk