Help I need some advice on fixing an old Toyota pickup for a friend

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I have a friend who smashed up the drivers door, cab and fender on his old 85 Toyota pickup. The truck has a great drive train and he wants to fix it up. I found an 83 Toyota pickup that has a decent body on it but I don't know if the cab and front clip could be swapped on to the 85 since there was a body style change in 84. Does anyone know if they kept the mounting holes the same when they made the change ? Anyone have an old dead 85 with a decent body they would like to sell ?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
You can probably do a 84-94 cab, I'd be surprised if the 83 body fit without reworking most of the mounts. I don't have a lot experience with the pre-84 trucks but I'd get the tape measure out if you have both available.

Rock Taco

From what I recall they are not interchangable with out quite a bit of work. Send ricsrx on here a message he might have some toyota spare parts laying around.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I've got an 87 4runner with some parts that could work for you.

I would guess the drivers side fender and maybe the door would swap ? If so how much $ I could cut out the bent section of the window frame if the windshield section could be cut out.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I'm still trying to find the parts for my friend's truck, anyone have a lead on some ? The ones I've found at the junk yards are picked over or smashed up.

ricsrx

I just saw this thread

what do you need...

bring a truck :_)

i will be leaving out of town for two weeks on Monday so you can catch me when i am back

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I just saw this thread

what do you need...

bring a truck :_)

i will be leaving out of town for two weeks on Monday so you can catch me when i am back

My friends truck needs left front fender, drivers door, and part of the cab. They tipped it into a big post on their ranch and messed up the left side.

ricsrx

how much of the cab do you need? should have door and fender, will check when i get back in 2 weeks,

ricsrx

the roof lines are different on the 4runner but depending on how much of the roof you need it may work. I do not have the plastic type mirror.

I am out of town all Tuesday this week.

call me if you can make it over tonight

Rick

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
the roof lines are different on the 4runner but depending on how much of the roof you need it may work. I do not have the plastic type mirror.

I am out of town all Tuesday this week.

call me if you can make it over tonight

Sorry I missed this yesterday my son and I were sighting in his new muzzleloader and getting ready for the hunt. I don't need any of the roof, just a section of the pillar that holds up the roof and seats the windshield.
Dave