Engine rebuild

01XJ

Im looking for someone on here that wants to make some extra money or a shop thats good at rebuilding motors for pretty good price. Its for my nephew he just bought his first car and ran it dry of oil. It runs but has a bad nock. Its a 96 1.8 celica atomatic. The knock isnt to bad but you for sure can here it. He is only 16 working his but off to save for this car then the motor went so he his busting his but to save to have the motor done. The Car is in fantastic shape that's why he wants to rebuild and he got a good deal. Please if you your self or a good shop who will treat him fair and do a good job please let me know. Prefer utah county or no farther than slc. Thanks in advance.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I doubt you will find a shop that will rebuild that motor. And if you do you will pay twice as much for it. They are all throw away motors now. Look on ebay for a motor to swap in. If that doesn't work look up LKQ. I have purchased a few motors from them and recommend them.
I commend your nephew for is hard work. At 16 it seems like that doesn't happen anymore. Might I suggest he attempt throwing in a set of bearings? Most likely this could be done in-frame and would be a very good experience for him. Bearings would be cheap and might be enough to get some more life out of it. I have done this same thing and had it work out well. Or it may not work at all, and he'd be out a few dollars and be back to looking at a swap.