Greenland Video

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Here is a video my friend put together of our trip to greenland a few years ago. We were gone for 22 days. Many days in a tent a few nights in huts. The hut to hut was about 100 miles, the overall was about 125. We also did Iceland, but this video only cover the Arctic Circle trail portion in Greenland.

https://youtu.be/G76LM-_JHmk

Amateur video, but it brought back a lot of memories :)

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Very cool. Love the far north (especially in winter.)

The far north has a draw for me. So do all cold places.

I have never been in the winter, but it is on my list. I really want to see the northern lights.

SnwMnkys

Have you looked into backpacking through Sweden or Norway? They have a hut system along their trailers you stay in.

The Scandanavian countries and the Balkans are areas Id really like to explore backpacking.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Have you looked into backpacking through Sweden or Norway? They have a hut system along their trailers you stay in.

The Scandanavian countries and the Balkans are areas Id really like to explore backpacking.

I haven't been to either of those countries. We did meet a lot of people from Sweden and Norway on our hike in Greenland. I have never seen such giant backpacks :)

There is a website called backpacking north which is about hiking in Lapland. I will go there someday.

Bart

Wow, looks like an amazing journey. Great video. So was the canoe just sitting there to borrow or do you rent them ahead of time?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Wow, looks like an amazing journey. Great video. So was the canoe just sitting there to borrow or do you rent them ahead of time?

They are just sitting there. The canoes and huts are free and first come first served. Many of them have holes in them. :) It took us the entire day to canoe that lake. It was huge.

The hope is there will be people that hike the trail from both directions or there won't be canoes at one end. When we signed in at the registry in the police station, we were the only americans to do the hike that year.

SnwMnkys

I haven't been to either of those countries. We did meet a lot of people from Sweden and Norway on our hike in Greenland. I have never seen such giant backpacks :)

There is a website called backpacking north which is about hiking in Lapland. I will go there someday.

Have you checked out Peaks of the Balkans? You hike through the mountains of Montengro, Albania, & Kosovo. You generally stay in peoples homes in the remote villages, they cook you food, tell you their side of the stories about the Balkans conflicts. Definately a trip Ill do some day.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Have you checked out Peaks of the Balkans? You hike through the mountains of Montengro, Albania, & Kosovo. You generally stay in peoples homes in the remote villages, they cook you food, tell you their side of the stories about the Balkans conflicts. Definately a trip Ill do some day.

Uhmm no, but that sounds amazing!

Let's go!