Torx Gurus

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I need to remove about 100 screws. T-20 is too small, T-25 is too large. Google is failing me, is there such a thing as T-22 or T-23? I'm about to break out the left handed drill set, but that's going to take forever.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Not sure but I think there is a 22 or 23. My torxes are at work. Harbor freight sells a small bit set with torxes.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Are you sure they are not torx plus?

Educate me, WTF is Torx plus?

Looking closer, it's an eight sided fastener not six. I found that a #2 square driver will get them out.

For anyone working on enclosed trailers, they all use these same fasteners. The #2 square works, but it's not what they use.

Trate D

It looks just like a standard torx but with more filled out (squared) edges. Usually a standard torx will work on them but never really fits right. Your correct usually all trailers are 8 points or just the standard square.

Last edited:

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
It looks just like a standard torx but with more filled out (squared) edges. Usually a standard torx will work on them but never really fits right. Your correct usually all trailers are 8 points or just the standard square.

From what I hear, it's a proprietary 8 point that the manufacturers use. That way only they can do the repairs.