FiveMile Saturday 10/5

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Greetings,
A small group of us met up in Lehi this morning to see what carnage we could come across at fivemile.

BobDog, Demon Jeep, Medsker, Wade, WayneXJ and I headed up the canyon. Demon showed us all the lines with his open diffs......amazing what can be done with open diffs.

Wayne XJ followed, with the others coming up in thier tracks. Bobdog showed the true line on the waterfall. It was awesome. A couple of us tried a similar line, but to no avail. Bob was the only one able to pull the tough line from the waterfall.

Demon showed us a couple of new obstacles, and WayneXJ showed us THE LINE for one of them. Medsker gave it a shot, but I think the TJ wheelbase was too short for that obstacle. Bob tried it, and put a nice gash in his rear tire. Wayne had some plugs, so it got a field repair, and up the canyon we went.

That I know of, the only damage was to Bob's tire, although there was plenty of skidplate scraping on a few of the obstacles.

Had to use a winch once, and a tow strap twice. Otherwise, a clean and very fun run.

Photo 1: Only in a jeep!!!

jd

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Great pics and report!! I wish I would have been able to go with all you guys. Today looked like a great one to spend on the trail.

So BobDog made it up the line that he is on, in the above picture? I've yet to see anyone make that!!

That trail is hell on tires..... Last time I was out there, I lost the sidewall on one of the BFG's!

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Greg
Oh yeah.... Can you believe it!? :p

Hence, the MT/R's.

Well, I can't bad-mouth BFG's too much around here, since my new KM's will be in the For Sale section after the Supercrawl. They'd be good tires for regular trail duty though.

demon jeep

Banned
Originally posted by miatre
Looks awesome guys, How long is the trail?

Ya know I have tried to check to see how long it is but always forget to look until im home. I would say it takes 3hrs to run it round trip. You could do it faster but you really need to look for the HARD lines:D. I'am looking to improve on a few spots and that will slow ya down and yet let ATVS and horses through

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Greg
So BobDog made it up the line that he is on, in the above picture? I've yet to see anyone make that!!

Yeah, BobDog walked right up that thing. Maybe someone should put him on a leash!!!!!!

I was doing pretty well, until I spit out the big rock that shows under my driver's rear tire. I thought I was going to get it.

I think I need to toss down the cash for that atlas!!!! A little more crawling power, and I think I'd have had it!

jd

Ryan

We passed all you guys on your way back, on our way out, just south of Cedar Fort(brown '80's ford towing narrowed grey Bronco). It did turn out to be a really nice day.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Ryan
We passed all you guys on your way back, on our way out, just south of Cedar Fort(brown '80's ford towing narrowed grey Bronco). It did turn out to be a really nice day.

Ryan,
Where were you headed? Up fivemile? I remember seeing you, although I didn't realize who it was. Yes, it was a nice day for wheelin'.

jd

Ryan

Originally posted by BlackSheep

Ryan,
Where were you headed? Up fivemile? I remember seeing you, although I didn't realize who it was. Yes, it was a nice day for wheelin'.

jd

Yeah, we were headed the same place as you:D

We just got a few things put back together and wanted to make sure everything was going to work.

We just buzzed up Rattlesnake(I guess that's what it's called), and back.

ewander

That is the second time that Bobdog has made that line! We tried it today, to no avail. Breck almost made it......

I think that entire area is pretty touch on tires.

Wade O

Just wanted to thank the group Saturday for a great run. Sorry I wasn't more socialble, my kid (as you may have noticed) wasn't having his best day of wheeling. Hopefully we can hook up with you again soon.

Wade