Little Moab - sunday Oct 27

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
A buddy and I are headed to Little MOab on Sunday. Anyone interested??

If so, Likely meeting place is at the albertsons parking lot in Lehi across from the old roller mill.

meet time to be determined, but probably 930 or so.

jd

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Hey 1/4,
I'm kind of up for anything. However, My buddy just built his rig, and it will be his first time out with it. Little moab is nice cause we wouldn't have to tow it far if it happens to break. He's trailering his rig.

On the other hand, the guy knows his stuff, and I'd bet he doesn't break.

I'm going to meet him at his place, then be in Lehi around 930.
I'll be talking to him later this evening, and he was talking with some guys he works with about going tomorrow.
you can call me at 783.7169

jd

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Hey,
lots of people at little moab today. don't know of any from the list other than me and my friend.

He just built his flattie, and needed to do some testing. It went really well, however, he stated early on that he probably would need some anti wrap bars.

wouldn't you know it......he threw his rear driveshaft because of axle wrap.

At least I got some good photos of his ride.

here is the flattie fully flexed!!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I'm not sure if he's a member of the list. I'll kick him and get him going.

However, here is some of what I do know.

4.3L v-6
4 speed manual trans (not sure of model)
I think Dana 300 tc
D44 front with hi-steer, ox locker, 5.36 ratio
D44 rear w/spool, warn full floater axle with lockout hubs
~90 inch wheelbase
I think waggy springs f&r
36" TSL/SX

I'll have to wait for him for any more specifics.

jd

another photo

cr wld zy

Hey Jeremy!

Did you go to Little Moab. I want to go and take the Rover soon. Let me know next time you are going.

Also, I have all the pictures done from Saturday and need your email to send them to you and demon.

Laur

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
unfortunately, I don't think he (flattie owner) has access to the web during the day. I sent him a message letting him know that folks want details, so hopefully he'll get it later tonight and post soon after.

jd

Last edited:

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Andy
That is Scott, the manager of FWP. And that is a sweet flatty, very well built.

Yes, it is. I was hoping he'd log on and introduce himself, but I haven't heard from him yet.

I'll be stopping in there tomorrow, and if nothing else, get some tech specs on his ride.

jd

Scott

Hey boys and girls,
Thanks for the kind words about my pile of Jeep. I was happy with how it performed. Damn that axlewrap, though! Ah well, knew it needed to be addressed. Some specs: 4.3 Chevy TBI, SM465, Dana300, Scout 44's w/5.38's, Spool/fullfloater/discs in rear, Warn inner/outer shafts/OX locker in front, Jeep XJ cherokee rear springs front and rear, linelocks, Toyota IFS P/S box and on and on... Also, feel free to comment on 4WPW - anything I can do to make it better for you guys works for me! Thanks for the good pics! Looking forward to next time - WITH the traction bar!

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Hey Scott, Thanks for the update on the flatty. Oh and Welcome.

Question, what kind of "Linelocks" are you using?

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks guys,
The tub is actually a '46 CJ2A w/ a GPW grille (allowed for a larger radiator and gets you the hinged headlight mounts so you can turn the headlights onto the engine!). The linelocks were just two $25 cheapies from JC Whitney (made by Jamar). They work - held it on that hill in the picture and allows for locking the brakes on front, rear or both axles. Took about a year and a half to build so far, so I appreciate the support. Later all.