Trail Etiquette

TigerStripe40

Arrogant Bastard
OK, so I was wheelign this weekend down in moab. There were 3 trucks total.

The person who was first in line would do an obstacle, then pull forward 1 car length, stop and get out of his vehicle to watch. :-\

Anyhow, the next person in line (me, in most cases) would come up, and since my vehicle is longer than his, I basically would have to stop while still on the obstacle, or ram my truck into the back of his, or take a line that would cause my truck to tip over :sick: And he KEEPS DOING IT. :mad2:

I called him on it. Informed him that this irritates me
He said that I am the only person who would expect the trail leader to pull forward so that everyone can get through, and that on every trail run, everyone does the same thing as he does. He named RME'rs specifically.

What is the appropriate trail etiquette?

I would hate to have to tap this guy in the butt with my truck that nearly doubles the weight of his.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
push him out of your way.

when I run a trail and am in front I try and pull far enough forward to allow (with in reason) all vehicles to complete the said obsticle.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
So he would complete the obstacle stop one vehicle in front then watch the next person, move one vehicle, watch the next person, etc?

First time ask him to move more, second time put your bumper on his, third start pushing. Sorry most groups I've been with pull out of the way. Some even far enough so smaller groups can get past.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
:D It depends on the group I'm wheeling with. With most groups I pull up far enough that I think everybody can fit on top of the obstacle. There are a few people I wheel with where I usually just don't stop or get out until the end of the trail. :) That way we can rip through trails and have enough time to do more. :D This only really works when you know everyone can do every obstacle without a spotter.

94redtoy

short bus
some peoples kids. man what a tard. so you were wheeling with this guy, but you dont know him? i would definately push his sorry ass out of the way. its common sense to pull way ahead of an obstacle to stop so you can wach the next guy in line. i guess this guy doesnt know much about common sense.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I would have asked him to at least give everybody some room at the top of the obstacle. I would have found another trail buddy. I'm with Braden, why can't everybody keep moving unless there's an issue?

footin fool

the leader should always get out of the way. Evan if he is an idiot and cant judge distance very well one car length. WTF give me a break!

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have seen this kind of person before. They feel that because they are the leader that they need to be in "control" of the trail. There for, stopping at every bump to see if everyone makes it. Stopping before each pebble to make sure everyone sees him go over it........

Just step aside and let us run the trail. :shawn:

ace

Parts Collector
Wasn't there a thread on Pirate where the guy drove over the vehicle blocking his path. It only seems logical that you would move out of the way before you got out to watch.

Caleb

ace said:
Wasn't there a thread on Pirate where the guy drove over the vehicle blocking his path. It only seems logical that you would move out of the way before you got out to watch.

Yes, but it wasn;t exactly like that...it was Billy Bob I believe...and he was drunk and its has happened way more than once...

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
TigerStripe40 said:
Sorry, that statement was a little ambiguous.
He said that RME'ers in general did the same thing.
He didn't name specific names
Interesting. Seems the concensus here (on RME) is somewhat different. Hopefully he reads this thread and changes his trail behaviour in the future.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Yeah, I make sure and get waaay out of the way so everyone can get through. Anyone who would stop right on top of an obstacle needs a little edumacation.
Devin

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
TigerStripe40 said:
He said that RME'ers in general did the same thing.
He didn't name specific names

I love people that generalize... :rolleyes:

That dude is a complete & total dumbass. (There, I have no idea who he is or what he stands for, but I if he can be a presumptive ass, then I can too. :D )