Chainsaw Trail by Delta

olywrestle

Duct Tape
I have not heard much abotu the trail except for a trail write up done on it 5 years ago. Is it still open to limited access? If so how does one get to it? Also, what would be required to run this trail vehicle wise?

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
I would say it is a solid 4+ trail, very fun. It's an up and back trail, goes to an old mine. Lots of fun ledges to climb; favors a longer wheelbase. It is still open to use. I can't give you exact directions but it is just west of Marjum Pass, which is on maps. Marjum is west of Delta in the Notch Peak range.

EZ

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Second what EZ said. One of my favorite trails. Several medium-large climbs. Bring two lockers and a stock wheelbase YJ/CJ/TJ can make all of the climbs, barely. It's in the bottom of a riverbed, so it may change a bit year-to-year. For an extra thrill do it in January, when there are several inches of ice covering the trail. Bring a whinch. ;)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Sorry, I don't know the name of the mine. It was a small operation, not much more than an old cabin left up there.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
Bring two lockers and a stock wheelbase YJ/CJ/TJ can make all of the climbs, barely. Bring a whinch. ;)

If this is the same trail I ran, I wouldn't say a stock wheelbase is a problem, but maybe I was just having a really good day. It is a lot of fun though.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
EZRhino said:
I would say it is a solid 4+ trail, very fun. It's an up and back trail, goes to an old mine. Lots of fun ledges to climb; favors a longer wheelbase. It is still open to use. I can't give you exact directions but it is just west of Marjum Pass, which is on maps. Marjum is west of Delta in the Notch Peak range.

EZ

Sounds like a trail ride... Wait.... Where's Delta; isn't it a airport?