1st Annual RME 4x4 Rally

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Who would be interested in a 4x4 Rally in the next month or 2? (We need something fun to do while the Mountains are getting snowed on.)

There are alot of details to work out, but I'd like feedback on the following.

How about a Saturday, in January? Dates??

Who wants in?

Kurt will be assisting with this, so feel free to ask either of us your questions......

grinch

inner city redneck
I had a blast last year at the U4WDA off rodeo. My scrambler had alot more body parts and a windshield thoagh. Still im looking forward to it agine.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by EZRhino
We've already got one planned. Last years was a hoot!!

SUCK!! I had no idea....... Mabey we'll postpone ours for another month or so. I'd totally like to attend the U4WDA event.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Spence: Location, 5mile pass

Last years events included the challenge course (NO ONE could make it up one, no, make that two of the hills!), blindfold course, barrel racing (oh YEAH!!), and slow hill climb. It's a blast!

I have a one minute MPEG (actually it's a quicktime video) of last years event;if someone wants to provide a place to 'put' the video and link it to this page, I'll email it to you.

EZ

(dont know when the site will be up, ask the guy in charge!)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Spence: Location, 5mile pass

Last years events included the challenge course (NO ONE could make it up one, no, make that two of the hills!), blindfold course, barrel racing (oh YEAH!!), and slow hill climb. It's a blast!

Brett showed me those challenge hills a few weeks ago when we ran Rattlesnake. I could barely make it up on of those hills when it was dry! There's no way in hell you could do it in the snow!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Greg,
I didn't mean to rain on your parade. If you want to do a rally of some kind by all means DO IT!

I was trying to convince Todd to do the U4WDA rally next year a little differently....make it into a mini safari triathalon! Not only do you have to follow a timed course, but you also have skill courses to complete. For example: You get to a broken down Toyota :) and you have to figure out why it won't start. Then you come to a place where there is an injured person and have to do first aid. Then you have to do a four tire rotation with only the tools you have onboard and/or what you can find in the surrounding area. Then you get to the lake and have a canoe race across it, around a floating marker and back........the possiblilities are endless.

EZ

(sending video tonight)

Greg

Admin
Rain? Rain makes wheelin better! Bring on the Rain!!

I was just rethinking when we could do a Rally, since we're considering the same Time-frame, no biggie though.

Mabey I could Tow my non-running Toyota out there for the U4WDA Rally and have everyone pitch in with a Motor Swap!! :p

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Greg,
I didn't mean to rain on your parade. If you want to do a rally of some kind by all means DO IT!

I was trying to convince Todd to do the U4WDA rally next year a little differently....make it into a mini safari triathalon! Not only do you have to follow a timed course, but you also have skill courses to complete. For example: You get to a broken down Toyota :) and you have to figure out why it won't start. Then you come to a place where there is an injured person and have to do first aid. Then you have to do a four tire rotation with only the tools you have onboard and/or what you can find in the surrounding area. Then you get to the lake and have a canoe race across it, around a floating marker and back........the possiblilities are endless.

EZ

(sending video tonight)

but i'm to lazy to ratate my tires and fix trucks..

i was thinking maybe.. a mini rock crawling comp could be worked in to it aswell... :D :D

grinch

inner city redneck
ya a rock crawling event would be cool. The snow coverd hill that was unclimable on the obstical course was a b*&^% I was lucky enouth to make it the farthest up the darn thing but still wasent close to the top.

sukaB

Banned
Bring that SH*! on...
I'm in.........
Heater or no heater I got plenty to chose from around here.....

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Originally posted by sukaB
Bring that SH*! on...
I'm in.........
Heater or no heater I got plenty to chose from around here.....

What do you mean Suka? Your crap can't even make it off the trailer under it's own power!!!:D

sukaB

Banned
Shut up......
You'll be pissed if i kick your can with Natty's rig........
Or how about the Black bronco.........
Shut up....I wouldnt drive a Bronco if it was running and Kathy Ireland wanted to take me out.......
Yo mama:eek: