Trail in ephraim

morty

Head full of rocks
Has any one been on this trail it's named hanging tree I belive, I's crazy tough I went with a group of 8 no one left without body damage! took us 8 hrs. to do!!!

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Where is this at in Ephraim? I am from there, and I am just wondering where it is. I have probably been on it, but I have never heard of this name.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
morty said:
Has any one been on this trail it's named hanging tree I belive, I's crazy tough I went with a group of 8 no one left without body damage! took us 8 hrs. to do!!!

When did you run it? I had heard the land owners weren't allowing anyone to it for a while because of some yahoos that torn down a gate to get back out. Very fun trail.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Coreshot said:
When did you run it? I had heard the land owners weren't allowing anyone to it for a while because of some yahoos that torn down a gate to get back out. Very fun trail.

Ok, now I know the trail. It is on private land, and usually there is a gate with a no tresspassing sign. Make sure you have the owners permission. Last I heard it was off limits.

R

rockdog

Is this the one that is west of town? Goes up through a little stream bed? We ran that one, it was'nt that bad though. :confused: And it only took about two to three hours. I know they closed it.

morty

Head full of rocks
rockdog said:
Is this the one that is west of town? Goes up through a little stream bed? We ran that one, it was'nt that bad though. :confused: And it only took about two to three hours. I know they closed it.

It sound's like the same trail, took so long because other people with junk that breaks. Not every body runs 38's so it was tough for me

Last edited:

Alabama

I went with some friends last fall and ran this trail.
The start of the trail had no gate but where you
come out is on privite property and you come to a
locked gate when your just about to your truck.
2 jeeps had a little boby damage.

It took us 7 hours to get 8 jeeps up it
with no break downs...

Steve

fordy4

I am from Ephraim also and don't believe I have driven this trail. I have heard of it, however and heard it is west of town also. Does anyone have gps on the trail head or directions? Does anyone know the name of the landowner?

Geepfreak

I'm here.
We ran the trail 1 1/2 years ago, the Guy we contacted and lead us on it, was named Chad Taylor, he drove that funky Jeep truck, that pivoted in the middle.

R

rockdog

I don't know the gps #s. But you head out of town at a maverik I think and go straight west on that road. Go up a dirt road that runs through a bunch of farm fields. Till you hit the mouth of a small canyon. Went up seems like about a mile (not sure,seemed like fifty eating powder fine dust from those in front :D ). Then turned left into a little wash with a tiny trickle of water in it. I'd never have found it if others with us had'nt been there before. Came out to a gate that was padlocked.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
rockdog said:
Came out to a gate that was padlocked.

"When did you run it? I had heard the land owners weren't allowing anyone to it for a while because of some yahoos that torn down a gate to get back out. Very fun trail." -Coreshot

:confused:

mswasey

Bronco Molester
This trail is most definitely CLOSED! It is indeed on private land and I know the owner who said to me "4-wheelers are not welcome any more".
There have been several instances with gates and locks as well as lots of trash on and around the area (I think mostly from the local kids partying). The final straw was a straight up lie to the owner by one of US who had just broken the lock on the gate. Just goes to show how each of us impact the sport we love with every action and choice we make.
If anyone has the GPS coordinates, please DO NOT post them. If this great trail ever has a chance to be available to us in the future, we need to stay out of there now.
By all means if a gate is across a road anywhere, just turn around!

Jinx said:
"When did you run it? I had heard the land owners weren't allowing anyone to it for a while because of some yahoos that torn down a gate to get back out. Very fun trail." -Coreshot

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
mswasey said:
This trail is most definitely CLOSED! It is indeed on private land and I know the owner who said to me "4-wheelers are not welcome any more".
There have been several instances with gates and locks as well as lots of trash on and around the area (I think mostly from the local kids partying). The final straw was a straight up lie to the owner by one of US who had just broken the lock on the gate. Just goes to show how each of us impact the sport we love with every action and choice we make.
If anyone has the GPS coordinates, please DO NOT post them. If this great trail ever has a chance to be available to us in the future, we need to stay out of there now.

Well said, Mike, this is really sad that such a great trail is no more. I'm glad that I had the opportunity to run it while it was OK. :(

R

rockdog

Jinx said:

It's been about a year and a half ago.
We ran it before it was closed. Guy we were with had the combo to the lock. We did'nt tear any gates down. Cut any locks. Or leave any trash. It's to bad that it's closed :( it was a fun trail.

R

rockdog

mswasey said:
There was'nt a locked gate going in. Not a gate of any kind. The gate was on the way out! This was a year and a half ago. So Chill dude.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
rockdog said:
So Chill dude.

I don't think Mike was on your case about running the trail. I was asking the original poster when he had run it, because it sounded very recent that he had. Just curious. You ran it about the same time that I ran it, and we also had permission and a gate combo.

Mike lived in Spring City until very recently, so, he's probably more intune with the situation than any of us.