Parker Garretts Toyota Land Cruiser (Winter 2002 Featured Rig)

Parkers FJ40 has been thru the stages of the buildup process, and continues to get better. He has wheeled in UROC competitions, Rolled on Virgin Granite in Delta and covered some of the hardest trails Moab has to offer. As it last sat, here's the specs......

Engine-
L98 Tuned Port 350, bored .030 over, Aftermarket Camshaft, Howell EFI, Painless Wiring Harness, Custom chip, HPC Coated block-hugger headers, and a 3" Raven exhaust to expell the fumes. The block has been Ceramic Coated as well, in a shade of green that sticks out anywhere!

Transmission-
GM SM420 4 Speed w/ 7.05 to 1 First gear ratio.

Transfer Case-
Stock Land Cruiser 3 Speed, (but not for much longer!)

Axles-
The Toyota has 2 Dana 60's. The front axle was a GM axle which now sports 35 spline shafts, Warn hubs, a Detroit Locker, and 5.89 gears. The rear is a full floater, also with a Detroit and 5.89's. The rear spline count is 30, which has caused a few problems at times.

Suspension-
The suspension consists of a Springover with the front axle moved forward 6 inches, and the rear moved back 4 inches. The final wheelbase is 101". Rancho 9012's do their best to dampen the bumps.

Tires & Wheels-
The Tires are 39.5 x 15.00 x 15 TSL's mounted on 15x10 MRT beadlocks.

Protection-
Parker believes in protection.......on his ride, atleast. He has a Custom Roll Cage (Which gets used too often) and has added a 'engine cage' to insure he can drive home, after a nasty spill. The shock mounts on the front are tied to the engine cage.

Interesting Facts-
The rear of the FJ has been bobbed 7", the cage has saved Parkers life more than once, and he seems to have a HPC Fetish. I was told he has a friend in the buisness........whatever. (I think he likes the shiney stuff.)

Broken Parts!-
Some of the larger parts that Parker has had to replace, include a rear shaft and a rear Detroit!!

Whats Next?
There are some MAJOR plans in the works!! These plans include words like...........more wheelbase.......CoilOvers............Hydraulic Assist Steering.....and............an Atlas Transfer Case !! :eek:

Heres a few pics of his ride-

UROC Competition in Vernal, 2001

Attachments

• parker.vernal.jpg
    parker.vernal.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,435
Last edited:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
here is one of parker down in the desert mountain area 30 miles behind sand mountain north of delta. this was the most spectacular roll i have ever seen. yes parker tested his cage well. the cruiser body inside the cage didn't fare so well!!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
and another. to give some background, parker was trying to get up the rolling ledge to the left. he had around 6 guys on a strap to try to keep him from going over backwards. most of them were pulled off the top when parker rolled. it was hilarious!!! nobody got hurt of course. it was a spectacular roll and a great effort to get him rubber down.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Awesome, I havent seen Parker in years, Hope he is doing well.
L98, What happened to the 383? Heard stories of him ripping a wheel off a beadlock back in the day.

Whats wrong with HPC?!? I have my share ;)

rube bonet

Parker "Sport" Garrett is a dangerous animal and should be treated with great respect. He tried to kill my hotelmate in his sleep, luckily we staved him off with cold, shredded, bbq pork.

...and yes, I know this thread is over 5 yrs old.

Parker

Parker "Sport" Garrett is a dangerous animal and should be treated with great respect. He tried to kill my hotelmate in his sleep, luckily we staved him off with cold, shredded, bbq pork.

...and yes, I know this thread is over 5 yrs old.

Brought back from the depths... to what do I owe the honor of the legend himself bringing back an old dead thread? What's this "dangerous animal" crazy talk all about? Danny had a loaded 9mm pointing at me... err was that you... I forget. Anyways, you Arizonians do things a little differently with loaded weapons and flat bill hats and my lord all the drinking that goes on. :rofl:

Danny's just lucky you had that bbq pork...

Oh yah... congrats on the new one on the way... may he/she be able to fill their fathers shoes, if that's possible.:)