GPS Coordinates of YOUR favorite 'LOCAL' trails...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Anybody have anything interesting??........I'll check out my GPS and see if I've got something that would appeal to the 4WD group. I've got tons of them in Moab (but there are a bunch of books with those), but not much in the Wasatch front (or wherever) area.

How about posting and a quick description/trail rating?

Legal Disclaimer:
{this thread brought about by an idea 'CruiserOutfit' posed in another thread and I took it from there.....}

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Good idea... I'de love to get some GPS coords. of some other trails. I have Cat Canyon and tons of southen Utah coordinates but would like more in the Norther area...Uintas, West Desert, etc...Thanks

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by demon jeep
Can ya make this a sticky so we can post trails on here or greg can do a trail section that we can put new trails on or other trails

The Vonster, Voneruski, or simply just 'VONSKI' will need to as I don't have rights, but I'm sure he will....

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm looking at some coordinates for Pritchett Canyon in a book. The coordinates are in this format:

N 38* 32' 08.2"
W 109* 35' 55.7"

But people writing GPS coordinates in this format:

Originally posted by WayneXJ
here are my coordinates for Rattlesnake.

N 40 14.877
W 112 12.822

What are the format differences? Older vs. New?
I was going to type out a ton of Moab trail coordinates, but they might be useless to some in the older format. Please Enlighten me! :)

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Originally posted by Herzog
I'm looking at some coordinates for Pritchett Canyon in a book. The coordinates are in this format:

N 38* 32' 08.2"
W 109* 35' 55.7"

But people writing GPS coordinates in this format:

What are the format differences? Older vs. New?
I was going to type out a ton of Moab trail coordinates, but they might be useless to some in the older format. Please Enlighten me! :)

They are the same system, just diffrent ways of typing them.
The example above would be

n 38 32
w 109 35

they just left of the * ' ", (degree, minut, second respectivly) They also left out seconds entirely, since minutes is usualy close enough (unless you are trying to find a specific tree in a forest).

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
RESURRECTION!!

Where are some good site's to get GPS coord's from? Anyone have the Co-ordinates of Providence Canyon in Logan?

I am just figuring out my GPS and need some good points to add to it.

ZUKEYPR

PierCed_3 said:
RESURRECTION!!

Where are some good site's to get GPS coord's from? Anyone have the Co-ordinates of Providence Canyon in Logan?

Providence Canyon and Millcreek Canyon you don't really need any. It's visible even on a 1:250,000 scale map. Just East of Logan.

I'm looking for all the trails in the Price area; diff hanger, providence, mtn dew, yada, yada, yada

offroaddave

It's just one term!
Holy thread ressurection.

ZUKEYPR said:
Has anyone wheeled the OHV area on the west side of the Quirhhs behind ???????lakeside, lakepoint, whatever? Anything out there worth wheeling?

never heard of that, but also intrested if anyone knows.

VideoRunner

Providence Canyon GPS Coordinates

Here are the GPS coordinates for the mouth of Providence Canyon, in Cache County.

Cache County
Providence Canyon
Mouth of Providence Canyon Road
41 41 33.57 N
-111 47 35.97 W
Elevation 5206

I hope this helps, Videorunner

PierCed_3 said:
RESURRECTION!!

Last edited:

VideoRunner

GPS Coordinates

A very simple place to get GPS coordinates for different locations around the west is a free downloadable program called Google Earth.

http://earth.google.com/

They also have a "Pro" version that will enable you to download and upload GPS waypoints, tracks, and routes to your GPS and to your "Pro" version of Google Earth. It costs $20.00 per year. You need to know the area you are looking for. Once you have located the area, you can create a "place maker" of the spot. Once the place maker is created, look in the lower left corner of the window and it will give you the GPS coordinates in Lat/Long Nad83. The down side to Google Earth is that it doesn't give the coordinates in UTMs. All of Utah is in UTM Zone 12, NAD83.

I've used it with my Garmin III+, ETrex Legend, and Etrex Vista without a hitch.

I hope this helps. Videorunner

ZUKEYPR said:
Providence Canyon and Millcreek Canyon you don't really need any. It's visible even on a 1:250,000 scale map. Just East of Logan.

I'm looking for all the trails in the Price area; diff hanger, providence, mtn dew, yada, yada, yada

notajeep

Just me
VideoRunner said:
A very simple place to get GPS coordinates for different locations around the west is a free downloadable program called Google Earth.

http://earth.google.com/

They also have a "Pro" version that will enable you to download and upload GPS waypoints, tracks, and routes to your GPS and to your "Pro" version of Google Earth. It costs $20.00 per year. You need to know the area you are looking for. Once you have located the area, you can create a "place maker" of the spot. Once the place maker is created, look in the lower left corner of the window and it will give you the GPS coordinates in Lat/Long Nad83. The down side to Google Earth is that it doesn't give the coordinates in UTMs. All of Utah is in UTM Zone 12, NAD83.

I've used it with my Garmin III+, ETrex Legend, and Etrex Vista without a hitch.

I hope this helps. Videorunner
:eek: Wow.... this is way outa my league. Good thing I have a good navigator.