'Cat Canyon' Trailhead

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Shawn
I didn't think it was all that hard.

But, Hell's isn't either,,,

Can't disagree with that.....My XJ would be OK then, huh? (I always enjoy trail rides more when I'm HELPING someone else that broke!!!!)

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by mbryson

Can't disagree with that.....My XJ would be OK then, huh? (I always enjoy trail rides more when I'm HELPING someone else that broke!!!!)

Your XJ.....I dunno....:D .... Just make sure you bring extra ball joints....:D

As far as how hard Cat Canyon is... I broke a pitman arm in the middle so??? I will go do it with ya':D I have always wanted to seek revenge on that trail...;)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

Your XJ.....I dunno....:D .... Just make sure you bring extra ball joints....:D

As far as how hard Cat Canyon is... I broke a pitman arm in the middle so??? I will go do it with ya':D I have always wanted to seek revenge on that trail...;)

I'm digging up some fundage (that all got exhausted yesterday---trailer is looking like it's way out there, now) for some TJ axles with the 297 joints (they're basicly the same that I have, minus the cool ABS tone ring :rolleyes: ), and I'll carry a whole set of spare ball joints and the tool to remove them {so then maybe I won't need them :D }

So is there cool places to camp or is it kind of a one day trip?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor

So is there cool places to camp or is it kind of a one day trip?

There are some OK camping splots...it sure gets cold out there...we froze are buts off in October. Otherwise its only about 45 mins. from Delta. Lets plan a RME trip down there.:cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
) for some TJ axles with the 297 joints (they're basicly the same that I have, minus the cool ABS tone ring :rolleyes: ), and I'll carry a whole set of spare ball joints and the tool to remove them {so then maybe I won't need them :D }

I'm not worried about that happening again...seems like a freak accident considering there are hundreds of D30 cherokees out there running 35's... You should be fine...plus we can fix it quicker a second time:D ;)

sbr

directions

Can anyone give me some dummy directions for how to get to cat canyon? Even just call and tell me or whatever
thanks
Cory Stewart
(801) 870-8635

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Throw those GPS coordinates into Topozone.com and it should get you close. It is a very confusing trailhead to find (in the middle of nowhere) but that should get you close. Hope that helps... :)

Meat_

Banned
I messed up and trimmed the name a bit short, but the first pic has Delta in the top right corner.... then each pic is more zoomed in.

Attachments

• Cat Canyon.jpg
    Cat Canyon.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 101
  • Cat Canyon 2.jpg
    Cat Canyon 2.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Cat Canyon 3.jpg
    Cat Canyon 3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 91

VideoRunner

Cat Canyon

There is a company called ESRI who makes Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software. They make a free data viewer. Here is the link to the free viewer. http://www.esri.com/software/arcexplorer/

The viewer is not very helpful unless you have the data. I posted the track for Cat Canyon (see Cat_Canyon.zip). Additional data for Millard County and all of the other counties at http://www.edtechsupport.net/gis/

Just click on Millard County and download the data. It is in a self extracting ZIP file that will install the data on drive C:\GIS\County\Millard

If you download another county it will put it in c:\GIS\County\Cache and so on depending on the county.

ArcExplorer will let you display the tracks and waypoints. By using a program called DRNGarmin it will take the *.shp files and transfer them into your Garmin GPS. This might sound technical but it really isn't.

DNR Garmin can be downloaded at http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mis/gis/tools/arcview/extensions/DNRGarmin/DNRGarmin.html

All of the data is in NAD83 UTM Zone12, which really means it fits all of Utah.

Thanks,

Don

Attachments

• Cat_Canyon.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Johnny4X4

cat Canyon is the only place I broke and axle -- ever,, I made it thru the first time all by myself, and broke the second time thru with my buddies by wedging my rear axle in one of the last obstacles.

if you go, look around by the big rocks in the middle for a black and silver clevis. ha ha ha,,, we lost it while puling me off a rock. nothing like finding free goodies on a trail.