Votes: 22 24.2%

Votes: 5 5.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Craig S

Commando
Jeepers

What type of trail and rating has the most appeal to the people on this board?
5+
4+

Your comments are appreciated.
Craig

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
SRN said:
I like about a 4, but thats not on the poll, so I guess I don't get counted. :(

Oh, ye of little faith....:D

Back to the subject: :D

I honestly can't say what my preference would be. Kinda depends on the day..... Sometimes a nice 3 or 3.5 is great and other days I'm all about the 5+ (it does get kinda old to fix your junk every time after the more extreme trails, though--Hoping not to with the new rig). It can also depend on who (kids) I brought with me....:D

I stuck a '5' on the poll, cuz Pritchett (RR4W rating) is my favorite trail (using no bypasses) and that is kinda my forte.

RKCRWLR

In addition to the rating scale, I like 'em to be long. The 1 hour variey don't cut it. Spent too many hours in Tellico trying to get a dozen rigs through a few hundred yards of he## (11 hours for a few hundred yards was the worst). Like the traveling kind now. I also like 'em to be a loop or come out somewhere else. Hate the reverse course/back-track type. Also, if I don't see anyone not in our group, even better! Throw in an overnight camp, and some good friends....PERFECT!!! .....I have got to go get the jeep fixed....

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Do I count as a "jeeper" anymore? :confused: Dunno....

Anyway, I prefer hard stuff. 5+ on this scale. I also prefer loop trails generally, but sometimes the normal trail backward is fun too. (gotta get back to the tow rig either way)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Easier trails are fun sometimes, but for me the real fun is in the 5+ trails, of which there are very few. :( I'm a BMWer these days. :greg:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I'm with you... My favorite is Pritchett Canyon. I like the terrain, the scenery, the fact there will be people with sweet rigs that you don't already know and the fact you don't have to come back through to get out. Not to say all trails suck going back through to get out. Some trails are just as fun, because there are obstacles that way, too.

It also depends on what kind of trail it is...Is it highly technical, then I like 'em shorter (too much thinking tuckers me out!). If they are scenic, then long is cool. Rusty Nail and Golden Spike are good examples of those two...

XJEEPER

Agreed, depends on the company....my 6yr old and I had a great time playing on Steel Bender last weekend, but an even better time running Moab Rim, Hell's Gate and Mickeys the next day.....he's already asking about PC. :) 3.5-5