Xj Heater

01XJ

In my 01 XJ the heater has just started to get to where it dont wanna work it used to be it wouldnt work(not blow hot air) for while then it would kick on and work great now it starts out not working and then all the sudden you can hear like a gurgle or popping or some weird noise from behind the dash then the heat kicks on but only blows hot for 30 seconds or so before it blows cold again it does this noise about every 10min or so.What would cause this... my antifreeze is a beautiful rust looking color and i notice after parking in my parents drive way that it leaks a little. would this have anything to do with the heater not working right?(doing a flush tomorrow) or is there something wrong with the heater core.And does that raidiator stop leak crap work or will it mess and clog everything up i have heard good and bad about this stuff :confused: any help or sugestions would be great it is kinda cold when it is 10 deg outside and no heater :sick:

Thanks in advance :p

MOODY

Bald Guy
Check your hot water control valve, it is ON one of those smaller hoses, with a little round jobber on it, it has a little valve that opens and closes. They leak quite a bit on XJ's...Mine did at least... Thermostat too maybe?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
find out where it's leaking from? Could be the heater core bypass. usually somewhere on the firewall.

01XJ

WJ ZUK said:
find out where it's leaking from? Could be the heater core bypass. usually somewhere on the firewall.
it isnt leaking that far back i can see where it is kinda coming from it is up by the radiator somewhere it is not a hose i check thinking it is coming out of the radiator it self cant tell with out tearing into it

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Kinda sounds your water pump, what is your engine temp doing?

Not enough anti freeze and this cold weather can cause a lot of things to go bad...:(