Friend's new 4-Seater Buggy

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Good friend of mine, Tanner Dimick and I have been building this buggy for quite some time now. We started his chassis along side with mine a couple years ago, but he hasn't had the chance to really work on it as much up until this last year.

Here's how it sits so far. He aired up the shocks today to get it sitting on it's own. It is very tall right now, but we expect the shox to settle about 3-4".

My favorite part of it is the tubework we came up for the back end of the 4 seater. Still a lot of work to be done, including disassembley for welding, but we all know the process. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_0303 (Medium).JPG
    100_0303 (Medium).JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 647
  • 100_0305 (Medium).JPG
    100_0305 (Medium).JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 665
  • 100_0309-(Medium).JPG
    100_0309-(Medium).JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 632
  • 100_0306 (Medium).JPG
    100_0306 (Medium).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 636

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It's a Ford 5.0L, C6 Transmission, Atlas 4.3, Ford 9" rear w/ disk conversion, hp D44 front loaded with ctms & warns (even I'm not sure how long this axles knuckles & balljoints will last with these tires, but if it doesn't last I'm sure he'll take care of it...), 5.13 gearing, detriots, 39.5 irocs.

The beadlocks were cutout on a plasma table buy his younger brother Trent. I dig the beadlocks. :D

Corbeau seats up front, PRP Bench in the back.

The fox shox are 18" :eek: but he got them for a screamin deal. He knows that he'll never use the full travel and is going to limit them signifigantly.

It's a big ol bastard, but I do love the 4 seats. :)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
RockMonkey said:
Sweet! Looks fairly short, for a four-seater. Are you guys building it outside? Brrr....

It is quite short. He wanted it to fit his 2 kids or 1 adult in the back securely. I think his wheelbase is 107".

I actually haven't been over to his house to work on it since last November before all the cold snow. But yeah, it was built under that tin garage. :D

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
EKSJAE said:
sweet lookin' rig.

hey herzog, when can we get started on mine???? ;)

i will take one just like it..:rofl:

yeah, I contimplating the whole 4-seater for myself as well! I'm gonna need that 3rd seat very soon. :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Herzog said:
yeah, I contimplating the whole 4-seater for myself as well! I'm gonna need that 3rd seat very soon. :D
We discussed that today. TJ works great. For the buggy I'll strap him into the passenger seat, have Chicky drive, and I'll walk. Can't wait. I get more enjoyment when Chicky drives anyway. :)

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
RockMonkey said:
We discussed that today. TJ works great. For the buggy I'll strap him into the passenger seat, have Chicky drive, and I'll walk. Can't wait. I get more enjoyment when Chicky drives anyway. :)

That'll get old on long trails. I'm gonna have to break down and convert mine into a 3 or 4 seater eventually. (but not right now)

DIMICK

I HATE MYSPACE
Sorry i don't get online that much so i rely on shane to keep everyone updated really i don't have time for anything (look at my buggy) accept for my growing business

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
DIMICK said:
Sorry i don't get online that much so i rely on shane to keep everyone updated really i don't have time for anything (look at my buggy) accept for my growing business

Well, if you didn't do such good work maybe it would slow down so you can have more time to yourself! :p :D