Trailer axles?

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
So i have a set of trailer axles that i want to sell but i have no idea what size they are as in weight rating. Is the rating stamped into the metal somwhere? One axle had brakes the other one dosen't if that helps any?

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Cool i'll go take a look. I believe there pretty heavy duty since they have 6 lug's. ther not straight ether, the square tube drops then runs accross then up again to the brake drum.

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Ok the only place i cold find a # was on the brake drum on the one axle it said 6232.

The plan was to just take the axles to the scrap to make some quik $$$ but if i could sell them for more i would. Hard to sell not knowing what they came off of and what there rated for.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Is the brake axle hydro or electric? The scrap yard won't give you very much for them... what is the WMS-WMS? I may be interested.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
What is the lugs size... ie 5 or 6. What is the size is the tube, does it have springs, if so are they a 4 pack about 1 1/2"...?

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Hickey said:
Is the brake axle hydro or electric? The scrap yard won't give you very much for them... what is the WMS-WMS? I may be interested.

Electric, Lost my tape measure i guess, but with a ruler :redneck: it's about 78" :D I have some pic's if you want.