San Rafael Swell

UtahFire

I will be in the Swell this weekend. If you only had time for one trail, which would it be?

Thanks.

TimB

Homesick
If you are alone do not do Devils Racetrack. Black Dragon and Eagle are fairly close to the interstate and help so they are about the only thing in that area I would consider for a solo trip.

UtahFire

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will do Black Dragon Wash. Does anyone have GPS tracks on it?

UtahFire

I did black dragon wash last friday. It was a very nice canyon. Great pictographs. I never had to use 4WD so the trail is not very rigorous.

Dixon

black dragon

Did you find the cave by the Black Dragon.:confused From the fence you climb the hill to the left of it. We use to mountain bike on the slick rock on top of the ledge about the writings. cool place. My favorite place is an arch that's across the free way.There's a dirt road that runs along the reef which you follow for about a mile. You climb right up the face of the reef and hike back in the top of reef for 15 minutes to find this huge arch. Great hike

Last edited:

UtahFire

We did'nt do any hiking on this trip. We are planning on going back down in a few weeks with the dirt bikes. We will have more time to explore on the next trip.