Help out in Ward Canyon??

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Do you know if there are any roads up the canyon? Such as, could people pull their trailers up there to load the junked cars or is it possible to drag the cars out to the bottom and then load them?

Just replied to the same topic in the U4WDA Corner forum.

This sounds like a great project for a club to get involved with for National Public Lands Day on 9/30. If any club (or group of individuals) wants to get involved with this, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the appropriate FS reps. All it takes is for someone to take the leadership role on a project like this and then get it done. No experience necessary.

U4WDA is organizing a statewide effort to have the biggest NPLD in Utah history. We're trying to get every club and as many individuals as possible to get involved.

Last edited:

rxcarl5

yes there is a road up in the area that you could pull a trailer up in no problem. The road is named skyline drive and it is a fairly wide road so no real worries with a trailer at all.

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
scoutabout said:
Just replied to the same topic in the U4WDA Corner forum.

This sounds like a great project for a club to get involved with for National Public Lands Day on 9/30. If any club (or group of individuals) wants to get involved with this, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the appropriate FS reps. All it takes is for someone to take the leadership role on a project like this and then get it done. No experience necessary.

U4WDA is organizing a statewide effort to have the biggest NPLD in Utah history. We're trying to get every club and as many individuals as possible to get involved.

Dang!! I spent the 15 minutes he beat me posting trying to decide which forum to post in. Mods, can we get the useful info out of this one and into the other thread so we don't have 2 going at the same time?

Or just let me know and I or you can delete it.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I would be up for it... I have a full size expedition with low gears and 35" tires but no trailer to pull up there.... if someone had one I would pull it up for them.,, there is a 12,000 lb winch on the front as well so I could pull junk up from the bottom of gullies if needed too.

Just let me know when and where and I'll be there.....
John

offroaddave

It's just one term!
rxcarl5 said:
yes there is a road up in the area that you could pull a trailer up in no problem. The road is named skyline drive and it is a fairly wide road so no real worries with a trailer at all.

You won't get a car trailer thru ward canyon, no way.
I have'nt been up ther this year but, no how no way.:rolleyes:

TEAM FRED

Ward canyon

I was up there this weekend look at the pathfinder on this trail.
I think I could drag it from its location to the main canyon road then load it on a trailer.
If you do this how do you get rid of the scrap with no title or vin? I believe most yards require one or the other before they can accept them.

DrMoab

I actually talked to the Forest Service man who is over this area while ago about removing a car up Old Ward Canyon. He told me they were looking for anyone they could to help clean the cars out of the bottom of Dead Mans Curve. Im sure this is the project they are talking about.

He said this year he wants to get as many people up there to clean up the small trash but they wouldn't have the money to do the cars until late this fall and wouldn't start on the project till next year.

He also said there is an old road that goes up the bottom of that canyon they plan on reopening to get up there.

DrMoab

TEAM FRED said:
I was up there this weekend look at the pathfinder on this trail.
I think I could drag it from its location to the main canyon road then load it on a trailer.
If you do this how do you get rid of the scrap with no title or vin? I believe most yards require one or the other before they can accept them.
Talked to the Davis Co Dept Sheriff about this. He is ok with someone going and getting that car. It is not on forest service property so it needs to be dealt with through the County.

4x4less

ELLIS
Just got home from the mission and looking for adventure. I have an fj40 with a 12000 lbs winch. I have a little trailer made out of an old jeepter commando I think I could pull up the canyon behing me, it's sprung over. If you need my help, I'm in for some quality clean up. LET'S KEEP THOSE TRAILS OPEN!
ELLIS

rxcarl5

I am also down to help with this when ever it gets going. I also have a trailer that we can put this on. or a jeep with a winch. whatever kind of help you guys need just let me know.

The only thing a project like this needs is someone to take charge! It's easier than it looks to organize an effective and fun land use project. Any volunteers?

DrMoab

scoutabout said:
The only thing a project like this needs is someone to take charge! It's easier than it looks to organize an effective and fun land use project. Any volunteers?
NAXJA IC actually started working on this awhile back.

I ran into some communication snaggs with the Sheriffs dept.

here is a link to what we discussed.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80826

I know NAXJA would still love to be involved in this. Maybe I will get back in touch with Cheif Dept McCloud at the Sheriffs Dept and see if we can still do this.

At the time there wasn't a problem with someone getting it but they wanted to be involved since it was most likely a stolen vehicle.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I've got a long winch extension cable, just needs some hooks put on. I'd love to put it to good use for this if we get involved. I'm thinking it's about a 150 footer.

Jared