Bear Lake Trails

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
on the road back to logan there are a few places to get off road... nothing to serious though... get a good topo map and they are marked... I have included a picture I took from up on top of the trails...

Attachments

• from elk springs.jpg
    from elk springs.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 15

diablokicks

Are you talking about that trail thats on the right if your going into bear lake, just after that horse riding place? Its like right before a turn, i think there doing construction there now...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I took that picture from atop of temple peak.... which is on this map....if I went in closer on the map it would show the trails but not give you and idea as to where it is....

Attachments

• bear lake.jpg
    bear lake.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 11

notajeep

Just me
There are alot of roads/trails to the west of Bear Lake. Many of which are very scenic and will offer a great family outing. If you stop at the ranger station at the mouth of logan canyon they will give you an updated travel map for free. The great thing about the area is that all the roads connect. So if you wanted you could start at providence canyon and go all the way to bear lake. Vere little of the area though is challenging (sp) to any vehicle past stock. Providence Canyon is about the hardest place to wheel in the area and it is on the logan side of the mountains.
That being said, a trip to Mt Logan should be on everyones list of places to wheel to, and can be reached easily from the bear lake area via right hand fork, temple fork, or many other routes.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
There seems to be a few people asking, I would like to know if there are any on the East side? I know they do alot of ranching on the east side I just cant seem to find info on anything.
Anyone?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Even though I enter through the Cub river side, I'd have to say about 80% of the wheelin I do is just north of Bear lake in the Paris/Bloomington area. LOTS and LOTS of trails, though nothing is too extreme this time of year. It's one of those deals where you kind of have to know your way around, or go with someone that does, because trail maps of the area are pretty vague. But there's a lot to check out and the scenery is some of the best I've seen. The ice caves, and Bloomington Lake are pretty cool too :D :D :D

ALF

SURE!?
Wow this is funny I just got back from a weekend at Bear Lake watch for some pics in the next few days of some "Water Forging" I witnessed:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :greg: . I didn't have my camera at the time so I used a friends when she emails them to me I'll post em up