My 4 seater tentative Buggy Plan

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Well I 'm planning to build a 4 seater. I alreeady have a yj frame to base it off of. Plan is:

hp 60 front 35 or 40 spline
14 bolt or 70 rear
Chev 350
Th400
Atlas or married 205 until i'm rich
40 inch maxxis comp tires hopefully-slightly used:D
WB 106-108
Full hydro steering
Hopefully full triangulated four links front and rear- we will see.
All Done by ME!:cool:

Anything I should add. I still want to be cool when it gets finished or at least driving by next summer-_-

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
It'll never work. Have you considered using Rockwells instead? :rofl:

Better keep us posted up with progress pics.....

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I'd do something out of the ordinary motor wise that would still work with the TH400....like a turbo'ed 292 inline 6, or an air cooled Chevy Corvair flat 6 or even the all aluminum Buick 215 V8. All of which are very reliable, and have great aftermarket support.....or mabey that's a dumb idea? Not that there is anything wrong with the good ol' small block 350, but you see them everywhere which is definatly a good thing right? (........and yes I am basically just shielding myself because I know that there are a lot of people that would rather take up gymnastics that drive anything without a small block Chevy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ).

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
why not get a big motor off a harley davidson along with the tranny and stick it in there... I saw a flaty with a harley motor that out ran the pack once... it was down in new mexico....

With some of these motorbikes getting bigger motors then cars nowdays it might be something that is coming to this area!

This would be a great conversation piece!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
why not get a big motor off a harley davidson along with the tranny and stick it in there... I saw a flaty with a harley motor that out ran the pack once... it was down in new mexico....

With some of these motorbikes getting bigger motors then cars nowdays it might be something that is coming to this area!

This would be a great conversation piece!

Or I could build a hover craft:rolleyes:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Do you have basic design plans of how you are going to build the chassis? :cool:

I know that when I did mine, I had it all on paper. I think I only looked at the paper once... it didn't turn out anything like on paper because I changed my mind so many times.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Do you have basic design plans of how you are going to build the chassis? :cool:

I know that when I did mine, I had it all on paper. I think I only looked at the paper once... it didn't turn out anything like on paper because I changed my mind so many times.

I have the basic design laid out, but the cheapest way to start out to build would be to do all the cage work and suspension then buy the drivetrain. i know I should probably build around the drivetarin though, but like you said I change my mind so much.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I have the basic design laid out, but the cheapest way to start out to build would be to do all the cage work and suspension then buy the drivetrain. i know I should probably build around the drivetarin though, but like you said I change my mind so much.

Buy that 402.......... That'd be SWEET.....

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
OK Chev 350...........propane? Tune Port? Ram Jet (cause Petersens say that they are for guy's on budgets................:sick: )? TBI? Don't care yet?

Just curious :)

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I'm leaning towards just tbi for ease of use and setup. But propane isn't out of the question it's worked very well for me. Until my distributor broke yesterday. But I don't think it's related:eek: