Untitled-Scanned-06.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Untitled-Scanned-08.jpg
    Untitled-Scanned-08.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 24

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I'm thinking Pritchett Canyon. If that's right, it's amazing how dug-out Yellow Hill has gotten.....

Is that your Bronco? It's so.....complete!

1990?

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I'm thinking Pritchett Canyon. If that's right, it's amazing how dug-out Yellow Hill has gotten.....

Is that your Bronco? It's so.....complete!

1990?

Dammmmmmmmm he's good:cool:

Not the one climbing....you can just see the back/drivers side of mine in the one group pic....tire on top.

dustybronco

www.sextonoffroad.com
I think that last picture of the brown jeep is white knuckle???? I didn't think you put the tire on top of your Bronco until after I got my first one which was 92. tooo many beers in college to remember those days very well. good time warp though

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I think that last picture of the brown jeep is white knuckle???? I didn't think you put the tire on top of your Bronco until after I got my first one which was 92. tooo many beers in college to remember those days very well. good time warp though

Yep White Knuckle

tire....I did....Actually at that time the top was on....that was school year 91-92....So EJS 92. I still have a few not so foggy memories:rofl: And I KNOW this was before then, because of who was/wasn't with me that year:ugh:

Let's hope I don't find some negs from....

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Dammmmmmmmm he's good:cool:

Not the one climbing....you can just see the back/drivers side of mine in the one group pic....tire on top.

That was my first thought, but then I saw other pictures of, well no canyon, so then I was lost. I can't think of anytime that you aren't in a canyon (fromt start to yellow hill anywa).

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Now looking back at the pics, where all the rigs are staged, looks just like the turn off to BTR...

I agree with you.. I dont' think was Pritchett at all :p

Pritchett does include some of Behind the Rocks....

The ones that made me say that are the third and fourth pic, you can see the "slab" of rock that's the last "hard" climb up Yellow Hill. The one that's a little bit off-camber toward the canyon side if you get too far left.....it's just barely peeking through the dirt.

Then again, I was only born a few years before those pics were taken, so what do I know? :)

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Now looking back at the pics, where all the rigs are staged, looks just like the turn off to BTR...

I agree with you.. I dont' think was Pritchett at all :p

Back in the day, they were the same trail....just depended on which way you traveled it....It WAS Pritchett. One group pic is at the bottom of white knuckle, the other is along the trail between Yellow hill and white knuckle....Yes that XJ made the trail....Back then 33's were the biggest tire you EVER saw in Moab. That Dodge was the FIRST rig I had ever seen with tires that size that wasn't on state street!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Pritchett does include some of Behind the Rocks....

The ones that made me say that are the third and fourth pic, you can see the "slab" of rock that's the last "hard" climb up Yellow Hill. The one that's a little bit off-camber toward the canyon side if you get too far left.....it's just barely peeking through the dirt.

Then again, I was only born a few years before those pics were taken, so what do I know? :)

I thought Pritchett ended after you completed Yellow Hill and started down the backside. I thought all of that was just the way you went out, and then could pick up Behind The Rocks on the way out if you wanted to.

Yellow hill sure has changed!!!!!! Heck, all of Pritchett has, because I doubt you could get any of those rigs through now. The last time I ran it, earlier in the year, I was really surprised how difficult it's getting. There is one spot that if something doesn't change soon, won't be passable anymore. It was very eroded, off camber and ledgy. When the time I ran the trail before that, you could easily make it up by hugging the cliff side, which is no longer there. I don't know the name of the 'obsticle', but it's real early on in the trail. ...I'm sure someone will recognize it...
normal_moab%20-%20pritchett%20canyon%20052706%20001.jpg

Here is the same spot and same view as the first pic...
normal_moab_pritchett_canyon_022505%20018.jpg

This is the same place, but at a different view. All of the dirt on the right hand side was gone, and the ledges were really exposed because of it...
pritchett%20canyon%20112604%20043%20copy.jpg

I guess everyone could probably do the same thing I just did, post pics of a before and after 2 years and show this. I just haven't wheeled Moab as long as some of you, so when I see this much of a change after just 2 years... Some of you see this type of stuff all the time and b*tch about it - I know why!

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Back in the day, they were the same trail....just depended on which way you traveled it....It WAS Pritchett. One group pic is at the bottom of white knuckle, the other is along the trail between Yellow hill and white knuckle....Yes that XJ made the trail....Back then 33's were the biggest tire you EVER saw in Moab. That Dodge was the FIRST rig I had ever seen with tires that size that wasn't on state street!

True.. I can believe it!