Good Moab trail suggestions (mild wheeling)

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
Hey guys, I am looking for some trails in Moab that are scenic and semi-difficult.

I work at the Land Rover dealership and we are planning our Moab trip where we take customers down to Moab and guide them on the trails. The type of trails we have done in the past are Fins and Things, Hells Revenge, Top of the World, etc... Most of our customers will be in stock LR3's or Range Rovers and Discovery's so I am not looking to take them through Pritchett Canyon or anything! haha

What are some of your favorite trails that have some really great views and stuff? The trails will need to be day trips only

Suggestions? :greg:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
You mentioned most of the ones that I would have suggested. Chicken corners is another scenic trail that isn't hard core. Seven Mile Rim and Gold Bar Rim are also good.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
did metal masher last weekend, I think the only manditory would not be a problem, with plenty of harder to play on as one wishes

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
did metal masher last weekend, I think the only manditory would not be a problem, with plenty of harder to play on as one wishes

except for Mirror Gulch...that is mandatory, and I think some of the stock sheet metal may drag.

My suggestion would be to head out and check out the Dallenbaugh (sp?) Tunnel. It's out off the Dubinky Well Road, some good scenery and mild challenges, and the tunnel itself is pretty darn cool...

Last edited:

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I was in a group with a stock Mitsubishi Montero that made it through Metel Masher without damage. Of course it had to be dragged up a few spots. :cool:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I say Kane Creek as long as the weather is good. I think that trail is gorgous! If its raining......better think of another trail though. You cross the stream like 60 times. A few good little ledges that with a little skill I think stock rigs will make

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
White Rim trail, if you boggied through it. Spring Canyon trail, Mineral Bottom, Onion Creek, Elephant Hill, Pocupine Rim....I will think of more!

Those are all great ones for stock/near stock vehicles.

good to see you again Pokey

krazz1e

poison spider is a fun somwhat hard trail. Great scenery onces you get up on the mesa.

most those stock trucks have CDL & lockers and what not, biggest problem would be clearance. Cept the dII's they have no CDL or lockers.

lenny

I say Kane Creek as long as the weather is good. I think that trail is gorgous! If its raining......better think of another trail though. You cross the stream like 60 times. A few good little ledges that with a little skill I think stock rigs will make

I thought about this trail too, but I am worried about pin stripping the rigs as we go through... somehow I dont think that our customers would think that was too funny! haha

lenny

Metal Masher would be a fun one,,, maybe we will have to pre-run it with a LR3 and see if it will clear. Spring Canyon? Anyone have a link to a description?

Poison Spider is a fun one, we ran that a few years ago as a dealership...

What I am most concerned about is that most of the drivers have almost zero seat time offroad. I am not too worried about the rigs making it through (you would be surprised what a new Range Rover will do offroad)

lenny

poison spider is a fun somwhat hard trail. Great scenery onces you get up on the mesa.

most those stock trucks have CDL & lockers and what not, biggest problem would be clearance. Cept the dII's they have no CDL or lockers.

Yeah, I hear ya there! haha,, stupid D2's! ;)

http://www.4x4now.com/hjc.htm

Basically the same thing....takes you through Spring Canyon and out to Hey Joe mine

Oh nice,, I think that we will prerun that one to see how the bigger Rangie's and LR3's do

except for Mirror Gulch...that is mandatory, and I think some of the stock sheet metal may drag.

My suggestion would be to head out and check out the Dallenbaugh (sp?) Tunnel. It's out off the Dubinky Well Road, some good scenery and mild challenges, and the tunnel itself is pretty darn cool...

Trying to decide if I have been there before,, I think that I have been to Tusher Tunnel,, is that the same thing?

moabchic78

moab addict

um after the storms this last year kane creek has washed out pretty bad - check with red rock cause last i heard it wasnt even open to 4x4 stuff right now. we had some killer storms this last summer while i lived there . . .

kkemp

Take um on Hells Revenge. Not too hard, and first timers will have a great time. The scenery is excellent. You can avoid the hard obsticles and you don't have to worry about scaring up the rig.

Just don't take a wrong turn.:eek:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I have been back for a while ;)

Who left the gate open? this is the second time... :greg: i thought Tacoma was bad enough, now this... :p

i really enjoyed Hey Joe Canyon... not particularly rough or hard(i got my pretty stock zuk through it)... but it's a hell of lot of fun wheeling along the river through thick trees up to the old uranium mine... seeing all the abonded mining stuff layin around...

-Jason

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Trying to decide if I have been there before,, I think that I have been to Tusher Tunnel,, is that the same thing?

I don't know, you turn off the main road right at Tombsone Rock, and it's about a mile down in there. The tunnel actually drops into the head of Spring Canyon.