Yotafari 02' Moab Trip - April 24-28th

WildYoats

The Wild Yoats Toyota 4x4 Association has organized the first annual "Yotafari 2002" four wheeling trip to Moab. The dates are April 24-28th.

Your entry fee consists of bringing a new or used 4x4 related item valued at $25 or more. Many different trails will be ran and we will have a drawing for prizes. Please join us.

The good and bad news......Bad is that many camping spots are going quick becuase of a Hot Rod show that weekend. The good news is they are Hot Rods and won't be on the trails!

Please email me direct with any questions on this trip or check out the site. Or better yet, join us at our monthly general meeting coming up on Friday, April 5th 2002 at 7Pm at Rocky Mtn Pizza, 4000 S. Wasatch Blvd in Holladay.

Thanks! Johnny
Johnny@wildyoats.com ;)

Belly Dragger

Don't know nothing about your "event" but I'll pass a word of caution just the same.

If you get noticed by the BLM as having 50 or more rigs at an event, they might ask you to get a permit next year. Which isn't much of a biggie except to get a permit you must have insurance. :rolleyes: and a waiver and bucka bucka bucka. So if your not on the BLM's radar do what you can to stay off of it. ;)

Have a great event. Two or three years ago we where in Moab the same time as TLCA, good bunch of guys.

If I came to your event I wouldn't be too far out as I have Toyota tranny and dual Marlins. :D

Oh and if you come to ours, you get to be "honorary Isuzu's" :D

WildYoats

TOO FAR-
Yes anyone can come. Even though this will be a Toyota based event, we certainly will not discourage others from attending if so desired.

BELLY-
Thanks for the insight on the BLM. At this point, its looking like 20 to 30 rigs so I think we will be fine.....Good point though.

GREG-
Great to hear you'll be there.....Havent seen ya at the warehouse lately????

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by WildYoats

Great to hear you'll be there.....Havent seen ya at the warehouse lately????

Yeah.....each time I've been, it's empty. No good stuff anymore. :mad:

I was on your site looking for specific Trail info during YotaFari, but didn't see too much. Are there set trails that will be run on specific days? I probably just couldn't find it! I'd like to hit Pritchett, Rusty Nail and whatever else gets in my way. Thanks Johnny!

WildYoats

Yeah, we have a lot of trails in mind, and the CO chapter has expressed their wish's, so now it's up to us at the next meeting this friday to do the final cuts......Will you have a chance to make it to the mtg? If so cool.....I will then post the trails as soon as we get them confirmed.

Yeah, I know what you mean about them being dry. However I did find some new Bushwackers for $20 for the 4Runner.....But I havent got a deal like that in some time.

Take care.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by WildYoats
Will you have a chance to make it to the mtg?

FETCH! I need to make these meetings a habit. I have plans over on Friday night. I guess I'll hear about the choices later....

WildYoats

The details-
As far as lodging and camping goes, there is a Hot Rod show in town that week so I am understanding the hotels might be slim. Rumour is that most of us will camping at the Sandflats campground near the Slickrock bike trail. Everyone is on there own as far as find some place to stay or camp.. Good luck.
The Trails-

Here is the run down of the trails being ran. Groups and trails being ran will be confirmed by how many show up.

DAY 1 Wednesday: (departing town between 2 & 3 PM)
Group #1--Moab Rim
Group #2--Poison Spider Mesa

DAY 2 Thursday:

(I think this will be the only "marathon day",and only if each
group decides to do a second trail)(groups would meet around 8am/depart around 8:30am)
Group #1--Cliff Hanger(am) Lower Helldo(pm)
Group #2--Lower Helldo(am) Upper Helldo(pm)
Group #3--Fins n' Things(am) Porcupine Rim(pm)
Group #4--Pritchett Canyon(all day long, ha ha)

DAY 3 Friday:

Group #1--The Pickle
Group #2--Hell's Revenge
Group #3--Kane Creek
Group #4--Metal Masher

DAY 4 Saturday:

All Groups on CB channel #4--Golden Spike
Whenever small groups are ready to leave town, take whatever route you want--Rusty Nail, Golden Spike Forwards or Golden Spike
Backwards--with all groups trying to meet at Golden Crack (maybe even Double
Whammy) around 2-2:30pm.

SATURDAY NIGHT- DRAWING/PRIZE GIVEAWAY/ GROUP PHOTO AT POTATO SALAD HILL AT 7PM.

Day 5 Sunday- Go Home!!

SEE YOU THERE!!!!