My stretched YJ...

sprungover

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd post up a few pics of my newly stretched YJ :D

Here it is before the stretch...

moab2kz3.jpg

And here's a few pics after we cut the rear fenders...

stretchzb3.jpg

stretch2rt5.jpg

Oh, and the new 17 gallon RCI fuel cell we installed last weekend too :cool:

fuelcelleh2.jpg

linesqw7.jpg

It's currently down at RockLogic having some finishing work done up before we leave for Moab on Wednesday night. They're mounting up our new seats, getting the cage tied into the frame, and hooking up the hydraulic steering.

Here's what the new seats look like mocked up...

seatuu9.jpg

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks good man! What did you use to cut the fenders? Get some pics posted of it on the trail, extending the WB ought to make it feel like a different rig. Keep us posted on how you like it! :cool:

sprungover

Thanks! We used a pneumatic body saw to do the cuts, then cleaned them up a little with a small grinder. It was my brother's idea to do the rounded comp cut, he figured out how to get just the right curve on it to make it look good.

We should have some good trail pics in a few days :D

sprungover

Well that's a funny question cause last year on Kane Creek during safari the internal fuel pump went out and I had to replace it on the trail and when I bought the new one and made it back I realized that the one I got was an external pump but we were able to modify it to fit inside the stock tank. So when it came time to do the fuel cell I just pulled out the old/new pump and mounted it to the frame. No internal pump on this model of cell. It does have a sending unit already installed that hooked right up and now I have a gauge again. :confused:

Lifelong Jeeper

BTW, here's a couple clips my brother put together of our last trip back in November...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2893802910357262916

Cool video and great pics. You make me what to try the waterfall on poison spider. I've always just gone around it. I would be curious to see video of you climbing it after stretching the wheel base. That would be a cool comparison.

You sure made me nervous watching you hold onto your roll bar and coming that close to rolling. I think you might want to form another habbit by holding on elsewhere but that's just me.