Memorial Weekend, 21 Road & Billings Canyon

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We had another group come over the state line to try some of the trails in my neck of the woods. Carl & Braden, along with Cody, TJ, Brandon & some other friends ran 21 Road on Sunday & Billings on Monday. My 4Runner had problems each day & I didn't get to finish either trail. :-\ Besides that, the rest of the group did just fine & seemed to have a great time. It was nice to have everyone come down this way, I had a good time despite my vehicle issues.

Here's a link to the Photo Gallery, as well as some of the fun pics from the day-

Memorial Weekend in CO

21 Road-

100_3772+_Large_.JPG

100_3764+_Large_.JPG

100_3768+_Large_.JPG

100_3776+_Large_.JPG

100_3778+_Large_.JPG

Billings Canyon-

100_3790+_Large_.JPG

100_3795+_Large_.JPG

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Those are two FUN trails, especially Billings Canyon. Guess what....wheeling for fun is.....FUN! I can't wait to do some more of it. Who knew? :confused:

Greg

Admin
Looks like you had fun! What's going on with the Runner?

What's NOT going on... :ugh: Replaced a u-joint on Saturday night, power steering pump, hose & alternator (PS fluid took out the Alternator) on Sunday night and had a lower radiator hose blow on Monday 1/3 of the way into Billings.

Those are two FUN trails, especially Billings Canyon. Guess what....wheeling for fun is.....FUN! I can't wait to do some more of it. Who knew? :confused:

Glad you enjoyed the trip, we had fun with with everyone down here. Especially the drunk lady who was helping me with the alternator. :rofl:

R

rockdog

I've gotta get my truck done!! I'm tired of being left home. You sure take good pics Greg! Really enjoyed em.

blueblaze

What's NOT going on... :ugh: Replaced a u-joint on Saturday night, power steering pump, hose & alternator (PS fluid took out the Alternator) on Sunday night and had a lower radiator hose blow on Monday 1/3 of the way into Billings.

Glad you enjoyed the trip, we had fun with with everyone down here. Especially the drunk lady who was helping me with the alternator. :rofl:

Sounds like a run of bad luck hit you. That's sucks!

Greg

Admin
I've gotta get my truck done!! I'm tired of being left home. You sure take good pics Greg! Really enjoyed em.

Get'er done!! I was hoping you'd be there, still messing with that axle, huh?

Sounds like a run of bad luck hit you. That's sucks!

Yep, I guess I was due. The 4Runner has been quite reliable until this weekend. It's interesting how most of the problems were rubber parts... especially since the 4Runner turned over 240,000 miles on the way to Billings. :eek: Stuff is just old, fragile and I'm beating it to death. I guess I'll replace the parts as they go out! :rolleyes:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Oh la la, now that's a good question! I think it gets hotter than dutch love there in the summer, but what about an October trip? Or maybe that could be this year's Thanksgiving trip! :cool:

Thanksgiving usually doesn't work for us. Early October could work though.

Bart

I'm in for Montrose. It'll be strange having a full bodied rig there again. I got spoiled with the buggies.

Who is driving the black/teal CJ? That's a friends old rig. Love it, but it sure squeaks a lot. : )

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Great report and photos... I kinda wish we could have made it out that way, but we still had a ton of fun in Moab. It's hard to decide between the two, ya know?

rokrash

Being from Nebraska, I can not plan too many of these trips, but if you guys begin planning an october Montrose trip I will have to begin persuading my wife for this one!

I have a buddy who is moving to Montrose in September and bringing his one ton YJ's on 42's. I might have to come out and visit! I will keep an eye out.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I'm in for Montrose. It'll be strange having a full bodied rig there again. I got spoiled with the buggies.

Who is driving the black/teal CJ? That's a friends old rig. Love it, but it sure squeaks a lot. : )

One of the Dyer's friends. It was recently purchased. A lot of work has gone into it recently, and I don't recall any squeeks.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
One of the Dyer's friends. It was recently purchased. A lot of work has gone into it recently, and I don't recall any squeeks.

I do...it squeaked like mad. (no squeeks though) He though it was his Antirock Swaybar bushings. It got worse and worse throughout the time we were around them. On the road to Billings I could hear him from way behind me, over the squeaks of my own rig. :)

Funny story: I got an email and pictures from some buddies in Farmington NM, who ran 21 Road over Memorial Day as well. As I was looking through the pictures I came across this one and had to laugh at what a small world it is!
P.jpg