rating on mineral basin

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I havn't seen it since it's been remodeled but I would say that depending on the rock garden (is there even a bypass any longer), it would rate between a 2 and a 4. The garden changes much and it is really the only interesting thing about the trail.

Cody

you can bypass the very top of it but its still kinda crazy. The rocks are space out just enough that it's hard to keep your wheels place to keep the diff of the rocks (TJ wheelbase) but it was still fun. Also there is a huge innocent looking mud puddle about 1/2 up the trail that swalows 35's whole on one side. that was fun.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Actually, there is no longer a Bypass around the Rockgarden. We planted Trees there last fall and blocked off the entrance & exit to the bypass, under the Forest Service's request.

The only way beyond is the RockGarden! Have fun! :D

grinch

inner city redneck
Hmmm I went once last year and would say it was maybe a 3.... I kinda lost interest with the place after They closed the pitsburg lake trail.....

grinch

inner city redneck
I ran the trail back in 99..... I was not aware it was closed at that time or I wouldent have.... It was a fun trail.... to bad it was closed....

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Jeremy
has anyone gone up ther to make sure the block for the bypass is still intact?

I was up there just before they opened the Gate, it looked good. I think we need to go up soon and make sure it stays that way.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Originally posted by grinch
I ran the trail back in 99..... I was not aware it was closed at that time or I wouldent have.... It was a fun trail.... to bad it was closed....

Unfortunately I didn't know about that trail until it was too late. I heard it's pretty sweet. Any type of motorized vehicle is banned, correct? Just foot traffic?

grinch

inner city redneck
Yep only foot traffic is allowd now.... If you ran it last year then you missed the best obsticle on the whole trail.... It was removed the year before last when they really started cracking down on making sure the trail was CLOSED. Its to bad it was a fun 3 rated trail...