DIY beadlocks camcruiser style

ok ok i know their is another one out here but i thought since mine are a little different i would post up,

cost: 175.00
rim size: 15x8
kit: ruffstuff
tools: air compressor, welder, grinder, some paint, a few nickels, some drinks and some patience
Time: 8+ hrs, waiting for rims to cool, paint and tightening 165 bolts twice
bananas: 3

word of caution, do not attempt on reverse mount wheels, youll never get them on.

Last edited:

camcruiser13

start with your wheels, steel of course. and your diy beadlock rings

the thing i perfer about this kit vs the others is that the ring sit below the lip and not on top as seen in others, holds air better and leaks none

Attachments

• IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1616.jpg
    IMG_1616.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 23

camcruiser13

next you want to grind off the powder coating to get some bare steel, for welding purposes. once you get there you can set the inner ring inside the rim and make sure its even all the way around, what i did was used some nickels about 6 and kept the gap equal all the way around

weld for about 2-3 inches and then go across and weld same thing

keeps the rim from gtting to hot and warping, probably very hard to do. warp the rim that is

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 31

camcruiser13

once you do that on all 4 or 5 in my case then clean up the welds with a touch from the grinder and then paint away,

i used no rtv on mine as it is not needed on these type of rings

i also added anti coning rings on my rims, not nessecary if not wanted or running a thinner tires, but the swampers are thinck

Last edited:

camcruiser13

paint the outer rings the color of your choice

i chose red to match my rig

Attachments

• IMG_1580.jpg
    IMG_1580.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1581.jpg
    IMG_1581.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 14

camcruiser13

then came the tricky part,

get some dish soap and a pry bar,

i used a crow bar and a giant screwdriver

i apologize i did not get pics

soak the tire and rim and start jumpin on the tire to fit it over the rim. yes it looks like your dry humping your tires but you gotta do what you gotta do.

i was suprised at how easily the tires went on. once you get the inner bead on you can do a couple things,

i put some air soft pellets in my tires for balncing purposes and was way impressed at how well it works,

camcruiser13

now that you have done this you can can center the tire and then add the bolts,

i went in a criss cross pattern, much like when tightening lug nuts

camcruiser13

i also went bolt, washer, rings, washer and nylon nut

2 1/4" grade 5 33 per wheel

only a few more bolts to go on this wheel and its actullay the left side tire, just held it up to see what it looked like

Attachments

• IMG_1648.jpg
    IMG_1648.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 49

camcruiser13

now i tested them at 5 psi and had no trouble, i have run them as low as 4 and prefer 8 psi for all purpose wheeling

my rig has sat in the garage for 2 months now with a trip in between and the air pressure is still at 8 psi, no leaks whatsoever. i used the hex bolts and love them, the grip on the rocks as well as the tires do.

Attachments

• 100_0210.jpg
    100_0210.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_0212.jpg
    100_0212.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 25