Introductions & RME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hey everyone, I thought I would introduce myself and tell you all a little about Rocky Mountain Extreme.

Right now I own 2 rigs, a 90 Wrangler and a 85 Toyota. The Toyota is my real wheelin ride, as its setup with lots of cool stuff that gets me into trouble. 5.29 gears, 35" BFG's, rear Detroit & front LS, Double shackle & Chevy leafs in the rear, and soon to have YJ leafs in the front. Its really a beater and as my Sig hints, looks don't matter. The only sheetmetal that is straight, is the hood, I believe. I haven't had it too long and when I bought it, the body was straight. My YJ was a attempt at building a killer Jeep that I lost intrest in, so its currently up for sale. I am always intrested in local trails, especially trails with big rocks. Moab is very good, I need to go more often.

My goal behing creating RME is to build a local group of hardcore 4x4 users to: wheel with, swap parts, share technical info, provide support on land use issues, and build friendships with people who have the same intrest. Hopefully much more will grow out of this, as time passes. I would like to see all of our members be active on this BB, contributing positively when they can. I hope no one feels like they wil get slammed when asking a simple question. Please feel free to introduce yourself and begin posting as you like.

As for the previous folks that were on the RME BB before it went down, welcome back. As you can tell, you will have to re-register and start building your post count up again. I lost all info I had about the members, so we're pretty much starting over. The server provider I am using with this new Board is a professional company, so we will have no troubles with it being shut down for silly reasons. Thanks for coming back!

See ya on the Board and on Trail!
-Greg

jp008

My name is Jim Phillips. I live in Layton UT. I own a 1987 Samurai that will never be finished (like one ever is). I hope to learn alot and meet some new friends from this board. I just got into wheeling when I purchased my Zuk. So I admit that I am still a newbie. See you around.:D

Brent

another nobody
wow, would you look at that, all of the sudden I'm a pavement pownder :D I guess thats fitting since I don't wheel my junk :D I just wash it wax it and put it back in the garage.

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
Hello,

Rob Jackson out of Orem Utah. Been into 4x's ever since I was a member of BRC(Basin & Range Cruisers).

Currently have a 94 4runner with a solid Axle. Running D60 in the rear, and a D44 in the front. Engine is a Toyota Supra inline 6 3.0L turbocharged. Mated up to the motor is a turbo truck transmission with a marlin dual case adapter.

I am 24 and working at Myfamily.com as a Unix system administrator.

Hope to see this list expand rapidly.

Parker

Originally posted by SuperRunner
Hello,

Rob Jackson out of Orem Utah. Been into 4x's ever since I was a member of BRC(Basin & Range Cruisers).

Currently have a 94 4runner with a solid Axle. Running D60 in the rear, and a D44 in the front. Engine is a Toyota Supra inline 6 3.0L turbocharged. Mated up to the motor is a turbo truck transmission with a marlin dual case adapter.

Damn!! That sounds like quite the Runner. People must be wide eyed with their mouths open as you pass them on the freeway doin' a hundred. :eek: :D

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
Originally posted by Parker

Damn!! That sounds like quite the Runner. People must be wide eyed with their mouths open as you pass them on the freeway doin' a hundred. :eek: :D

Yes, it is quite fun, surprise the crap out of some people. :) Although, I don't think I would want to do 100. At least not until I get some new front rims(bent), and sway bars. :rolleyes:

ErikS

Whats up,
My name is Erik and I live in Provo. I just bought a land rover discovery about 3 months ago so it doesn't have any mods yet. I'm waiting for the suspension(supposedly in shipping somewhere). My previous truck was a 89 toy. It had 32x11.5 with 4.88 r & p, lockright in front and arb in rear, warn m5000, rancho 3 " and a 2 " bod lift. From the looks of the pics, toys are what most of you guys ride. And I'm not some rich kid yuppy spending daddy's money on a rover(stupid rep of rover owners that I can't shake). I hope I don't get stereotyped here.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
My name is Ryker and I'm an alco........ohhh wrong place. :D I live in T-ville, 19yrs old, currently unable to wheel due to a nice concrete taste test at 60mph. I have a 76 F-250 highboy with 4"softride springs up front and a shackle flip in the back. 390 at .060 over, NP435, NP205, 35" BFGs. She's going to light wheeling and tow rig status as soon as shes gets back from 3C. Looking for an EB when I can get some money and keep it around long enough to buy one!

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Hi I'm skye, is this the new S&M-B&D support group? Oh well Cheers.
Sheit....lets see 85 toy custom spring setup as follows...
Front stock wagg springs rear allpro with a buggie I need to experiment with. Had a 22r with a DOA head and cam kit witch now sits on the floor. so 22r with a marlin dual ultimate 223-1 custom x-member. Highangle drivelines detroits F&R. Body wise.... Custom rockstomper rollcage and then lots of DAmAgeiNC. diomondplate and tube/pipe work to help me make this pig last a while. I am poor and build it all at home. played 4x4's for av=bout 5-6 years and am 26 with a young fisty redhead girly on the side who also whats to wheel $$$$. hell I know I missed at least the convertible and more but hey lets go play and then you can find all the goodies. To much to remember....CUstOm is ThE sHeIT!!!

Parker

Originally posted by ErikS
Whats up,
My name is Erik and I live in Provo. I just bought a land rover discovery about 3 months ago so it doesn't have any mods yet. I'm waiting for the suspension(supposedly in shipping somewhere).

Tell us about your Rover. What suspension did you buy? What are your plans for it? I know a little bit about disco's and they are pretty cool. Fun trail rigs and you get all the comforts. :cool:

kikn93ZJ

Top Dawg
Whuts up RME

My name is Rich and i'm in Salt Lake City and i'm 17 yrs old. I drive a 93 Grand Cherokee with a 3" procomp lift now (with a 2" BB to be added any day now :D ) 31" BFG Muds and a greatly upgraded stero system. I don't wheel much but Cody (grocery getter) is trying to change that.

-Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.