Fire status in AF Canyon?

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I'm going camping up AF canyon tonight, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if I should bring firewood. I haven't been up there for a few weeks, and last I heard you could still have fires. Has that changed? TIA
Devin

Caleb

I am going up there in about an hour...I will let you know when I get back...should be this afternoon...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by supergper
I am going up there in about an hour...I will let you know when I get back...should be this afternoon...

Talk about Above & Beyond the Call of Duty! Wow, what a guy! :p

Caleb

Originally posted by Greg

Talk about Above & Beyond the Call of Duty! Wow, what a guy! :p

I am wondering the same question cause I might be camping up there this weekend so I figured I could do the guy a favor and report back:D:D:D

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Thanks, it's greatly appreciated. And while you're in the spirit of helping, I'm sure you'll be going to the store for drinks and snacks and what not. While you're there, if you wouldn't mind picking me up some stuff too, I mean since you'll already be there and all. It'd really help. I don't want much, just some pop, chips, maybe some Little Smokies... :D
Devin

Shawn

Just Hanging Out

I am wondering the same question cause I might be camping up there this weekend so I figured I could do the guy a favor and report back:D:D:D

Please report on the construction also.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
From what I have seen there are still no fire restrictions in AFC area. The only restrictions I am aware of are that fires are only allowed in designated campgrounds in the following counties:

Washington
Kane
Garfield
Iron
Beaver (West of I-15 only)

There are also restrictions on campfires and fireworks in Zions National Park and the unincorporated areas of Salt Lake and Davis Counties.

I'm anxious to see what Caleb finds out.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Schwan
...Please report on the construction also.

As of last week there were no closures as result of construction, they are using a stretch of the main road, and you must yield to them. They do have alot of machinery in the canyon, it is all parked at the trailhead to Mary Ellen gulch... shouldn't affect much.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

As of last week there were no closures as result of construction, they are using a stretch of the main road, and you must yield to them. They do have alot of machinery in the canyon, it is all parked at the trailhead to Mary Ellen gulch... shouldn't affect much.

...........and the main road is quite improved (smoothed and flattened) up to the tailings areas.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by mbryson

...........and the main road is quite improved (smoothed and flattened) up to the tailings areas.

Yes, yes, and they have also sprayed a portion of the road with a dust-preventative stuff... can't remember what its called but they use it up at my fathers ranch in Idaho... its not oil... calcium something... keeps the dust down nicely.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

Yes, yes, and they have also sprayed a portion of the road with a dust-preventative stuff... can't remember what its called but they use it up at my fathers ranch in Idaho... its not oil... calcium something... keeps the dust down nicely.

That was kind of nice.................I only had to change the vacuum bag twice instead of the normal three times when I got home and cleaned up.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser

I've always referred to it as Mag Water or Chicken Fat. I'll have to look into the actual composition of the stuff.

Caleb

pretty much summed it up:D...

and there is NO fire restrictions as of today...

Yeah we went and hit Mary Ellen Gulch yest. and there wasnt any closers and also there are no restrictions to fires as long as they are in the pits but me and Jeff are going camping ou there next weekend so we had to go and figure out if there were any constrictions but none yet.:)

Caleb

Originally posted by ROLLOVER QUEEN
Yeah we went and hit Mary Ellen Gulch yest. and there wasnt any closers and also there are no restrictions to fires as long as they are in the pits but me and Jeff are going camping ou there next weekend so we had to go and figure out if there were any constrictions but none yet.:)

you guys also did forest lake too huh, I was up there with my wfie and bro-in-law on four wheelers...we were at the lake the same time as you guys...

you guys also did forest lake too huh, I was up there with my wfie and bro-in-law on four wheelers...we were at the lake the same time as you guys...
We sure were. Were u with the guy that was on the dirt bike to? He rode all the around the lake? We were good this time though. LOL. Yup that was us.:)