samurai engines

jeff cardall

Banned
i found a sammy that im going to get for 150 bucks but the motor is blowen either needs rebuild or i thought about 1.6 conversion?is there any other motors that are easy (not the 4.3 thats to hard)that are easy to put in or would i just be best to rebuild the motor in it and have it bored 40 over:confused: any help would be great:p

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I would do the 1.6 i think it's 16 valve it sounds like the easiest and better engine if I ever do the engine swap it would be this motor but a diesel would be nice but pricey.

Caleb

Originally posted by Portrnrzuk
I would do the 1.6 i think it's 16 valve it sounds like the easiest and better engine if I ever do the engine swap it would be this motor but a diesel would be nice but pricey.

If there is any way I would say go for the TD...if not then the 1.6 would get my vote...not many options in the "easily done" dpeartment cause them things are too damned small:D...whats so hard about a 4.3 besides the fact you need to change pretty much the whole drivetrain...or is that the reason???

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
Man i had a TD for 600 bucks but it would have been a pain in the but to swap i figure that i have enough power with my engine to go wheeling once i'm in four low but if it's going to be a DD then I can see the engine swap.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
you dont get that much more power with a TD, meybe 10-20 hp more over stock 1.3 but you get it at a sickeningly low RPM range. if you are spinning 4K on the freeway, you will explode a TD in a hurry.

go for the 1.6 16V it will spin 10K all day long and has tons of HP and torque all over the place.