More work on the 5

Badbuggy

rock star
The front is 4 linked, the double ended ram is in, an the cage is coming together.
cage4.jpg

Badbuggy

rock star
It is a 1979 cj5 with Dana 70 axles from some kind of equipment. 7:17 gears... Yes, 7:17!
44 in ss tires. 327 chevy with turbo 350.

Got the rear shock mounts on tonight, and finished out the cage. Mounted the shifter. Have yet to mount the seats, fuel cell, and rear winch. I would say the first test will be on Sunday. Probably on my course. If all goes well it will be on a trail in another week.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
two things:
#1 where did you find all those dimes to stack? :D Beautiful welds.

#2 Have you thought about mike's aluminum links? (summit machine) We had a history of messing up hemis and bending double wall links before changing over to his stuff and (knock on wood) no worries, 2-3 years of playing hard. just a thought...

oh yeah one more thing, is this Shelby's?

Badbuggy

rock star
two things:
#1 where did you find all those dimes to stack? :D Beautiful welds.

#2 Have you thought about mike's aluminum links? (summit machine) We had a history of messing up hemis and bending double wall links before changing over to his stuff and (knock on wood) no worries, 2-3 years of playing hard. just a thought...

oh yeah one more thing, is this Shelby's?

Thanks on the welds!
This one belongs to a friend. He and I are building away on it. We will see how long the DOM links last, and will keep in mind the aluminum ones, thanks.

No Shelby's is a 1950 willys pickup, still sitting in a pile. So far he has a 60 and 14 bolt and some King coils, a 350 chevy and 205. He is saving up for tires. We will probably start in on it this summer. He is still only 14, but is almost as tall as me now. Won't be long and he will be driving on pavement.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I keep thinking he is older than that... heck he was probably 12 when he drove billings. :D

let me know if you find parts in slc or round about, I will pick them up for him. ;) he is a good kid.