POKER RUN !! Aug 9

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Hey Guys and Gals it's POKER RUN time!!!

U4WDA's annual summer convention and poker run!! Many of you came to our winter off-rodeo; well this will be a fun event as well. It will be held in the High Uintah Mountains to escape the summer heat! Here's the flyer info hot off the press:

WHEN? Saturday August 9th, meeting at 8am for registration.

WHERE? Starting at the Nobletts Creek Trail Head mile marker 12 state highway 35, just East of Woodland Utah.

WHAT DO YOU NEED? 4-wheel Drive Vehicle, snacks (in case you get hungry before the steak fry), GPS (this will be of great help but not required), Map reading skills to find your way to each check point. A navigator to help read maps or enter the GPS coordinates (this is also no required just helpful).

WHERE DO YOU GO? The fun part is not knowing where you will end up, but there will be a steak dinner and raffle waiting for you at the end.

WHAT IS A POKER RUN? Poker cards will be given by finding the right way using your map reading skill or GPS, to get to each checkpoint along the way. Winning hands will be awarded prizes.

WHAT IS THE COST? $35 per couple, extra adults $10, kids $5. Includes steak dinner!

ADDITIONALLY: There will be a Rock Crawling Championship course set up for those who are brave enough to chance carnage and breakage.

PRE-REGISTER: to pre-register, and for more info call Daynene 963-1913

Some of our raffle sponsors include: Six States, Mepco, Tuff Country, Teraflex, Jeepers Off-road, Jackit, 4-Wheel Parts Performance, Doug Smith Autoplex, Big Rock Video, and Factory Tubular.

Be there or be sqaure! Oh and one more thing..........it's going to end up at a location so eeeeeevil, so crazy, so ravenous that no rig yet has fought with it and lived!! With nasty big pointy teeth!!! er, rocks!! (Volkwagen sized to be exact!)

Email me with questions EZRhino@networld.com OR call Daynene above with your RSVP.

EZ
:)

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
We do want "buggies" to come. The start of the dirt is only about a mile from the tow rig drop point/staging area/registration area. In the middle of the course somewhere there will be about 3 miles on paved road. After that point the rest is dirt again. So the answer is, yes there is paved road but only a very little. I'm not sure what to suggest....maybe put the buggy between two other rigs to "cover it" and make the short drive down the pavement "smokey and the Bandit" style.......

EZ:)

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
The run itself is geared towards anyone with 4wd. Stockers will be fine. There will be a cool play area at some point on the course that will be really really fun for those who are equipped for large rocks.

EZ

samizook

sounds like alot of fun! I'm in. Is anybody staying over night? Is it strictly poker or is roulette welcome as well?

my4thjeep

Is this more of an orienteering outing? or is it both orienteering and off-roading?

Any idea what the prizes will be like? Just curious..

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
Last years and the years before poker run went great lots of fun to be had great prizes usually a set of four tires are given as prizes and much more, and i hear craig is doing the crawling course. hope everyone can make it.

Hopefully no blind fold head on collisions this year! sorry Ted