who has a Slide in Camper?

James K

NO, I'm always like this
It is just a brand of tie downs I believe. If you want you are welcome to come by and look. It goes across the front of the bed and ties into the front bed mount.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
If your truck is not a "Camper Special" you may need to go to the local trailer store and get the tie downs. My truck has these plates that mount to the front part of the truck bed (outside between the cab and the bed) and I drilled some holes in my custom bumper. One pulls forward, and one set pulls towards the rear.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm thinking about going with this thing

camper28.gif
for the front, and something like it for the rear, that ties in to the hitch.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
You can make something alot less complicated than that..

The front mounts are just plates that bolt to the front part of the bed.

My camper is huge and would never be able to tie to the hitch so I can't advise on yours.

Go to trailer supply on Redwood Road and just look at some options. Then come home and make them. :)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I know of the plates you speak Shawn, I am just weary of relying on the bed bolts, to tie my camper to the frame. And yes, I will make them.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Originally posted by Hickey
I know of the plates you speak Shawn, I am just weary of relying on the bed bolts, to tie my camper to the frame. And yes, I will make them.

If that thing decides to leave the truck not to much goin to stop it.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by Hickey

My Camper weighs in at around 2500lbs. I have been doing 80 down the freeway and been blasted by a 40-50 mhp cross wind (thank god for the dually) and the camper had no problems. I figure the camper points are the week points.